New Product Introduction Project Specialist
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
New Product Project Specialist
What You'll Do
The Unified Communications Product Operations team is searching for a Project Specialist for New Product Introductions (NPPM). The NPPM is the accountable team leader for overall coordination of product line introduction with heavy emphasis on all development activities from pre-concept commit to Time To Quality and Volume (TTQV). Additional responsibilities include:
- You will engage with the Engineering product team prior to concept commit to scope project and build robust project plan.
- You will own the lifecycle of the product insuring compliance to all the defined quality gates.
- You will leads manufacturing cross-functional team to insure that performance metrics for scope, cost, quality and Time To Market (TTM) are met.
- You will build and implement action plan and fulfillment strategy with the integrated product team based on input received from engineering and marketing.
- You will drive prototype and pilot builds, including cost and quality expectations. Reviews and influences manufacturing capacity/capability, design stability, and risk planning.
- You will oversee and prioritizes risk mitigation strategies (multi-source tech assessment, component, cost variance, supply chain review, and input).
- Change Management. Compliance. Execution of Supply Chain. Actively seeks and incorporates extraordinary practices and results from post-project assessments into new products. Partners with Engineering to resolve issues that may impede project objectives
Who You'll Work With
Unified Communications is part of the Collaboration Business Group. Our team is a global group of 32 premier professionals across 4 sites. Together, we bring designer’s ideas to reality, utilizing industry recognized elite supply chain operations. You will also work our CM and ODM partners, as well as key component suppliers in the Asia / Pacific region. In this role, you will engage with the Engineering product team and lead manufacturing cross-functional teams.
Who You Are
Your ability to see the big picture, craft and implement plans and processes and effectively communicate across teams are key to your success. Your interactive style enables you to lead and coordinate a product line introduction while never compromising quality.
Required Minimum Qualifications
1+ years of experience in:
- Requires BA/BS degree or equivalent training plus 1+ years NPI, Process Development & Project Management experience. MBA degree is a plus.
- Background in Prod/Mfg Operations, Quality and Supply Chain Management.
- Knowledge/experience with Design for "X" (DfX),
- Cost Management; deep understanding and experience with BOM and COGs.
- Successful track record in risk management/risk mitigation strategies
- Experience of working in a New Product Introduction (NPI) MFG environment with Contract Manufacturers and ODM/JDM suppliers.
- Excellent executive level communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrated experience leading with cross-functional impact
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Intelligent Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, all applicants who meet qualifications with arrest and conviction records.