New Horizon Program: Swap your career into a Cisco tech role!
Alternate LocationAll locations in Poland and Portugal; Warszawa, Poland; Warsaw, Poland; Krakow, Poland; Cracow, Poland; Gdansk, Poland; Poznan, Poland; Wroclaw, Poland; Katowice, Poland; Szczecin, Poland; Porto, Portugal; Lisbon, Portugal, Oireas, Portugal
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Program Start date: March 23
#WeAreCisco and we’re so happy you’re thinking of joining us. Follow us in social @WeAreCisco to learn more about what employees say about why we love where we work or check Cisco out on Glassdoor for the latest reviews.
What is the New Horizon Program?
If you participate in the New Horizon program, you will learn about Cisco technologies and how to be successful in the IT industry from our experts through a series of virtual seminars and webinars. You will have a chance to grow your networking knowledge and trying different technical projects and becoming Cisco certified. Your experience will also help you to grow your professional network, as you explore life at Cisco and see what we can accomplish together as a business.
- This is a unique opportunity to become a Cisco employee, jump-starting your career in technology with Cisco via a six-month, full-time training starting March 2023. During the training you will be employed by Cisco Systems and be compensated.
- You will develop the necessary technical skills required to become a Consulting Engineer and learn what life at Cisco is like.
- Guaranteed continued employment at the World’s #1 Best Workplace (two years running!) will be offered after the successful completion of training.
What do you need to join our New Horizon program?
- You have a passion for technology and are looking to change your career and explore roles in tech
- Masters degree in any field and/or basic tech knowledge
- 4+ years of full-time experience with a strong customer focus
- Proficiency in English (other languages such as Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian are an advantage)
- Able to attend a full-time training program
- Able to live in Krakow.
- Ready to take risks and embrace new challenges!
What roles are available?
You will become a Consulting Engineer or a Technical Consulting Engineer.
Consulting Engineers design and deploy technical solutions for our customers, while Technical Consulting Engineers support Consulting Engineers and help to troubleshoot problems in their networks.
What does a day-in-the-life of a Consulting Engineer (CE) look like?
- Working with the most advanced and innovative cutting-edge products and solutions
- Provide planning, designing, and implementation services to Cisco’s Professional Services Customers to accelerate customer outcomes.
- Participate in network migration projects from Cisco to Cisco or any competitive platforms to Cisco with a detailed understanding of network and customer’s change management processes.
- Work with the project manager on the customer engagement team to ensure compliance with set processes, weekly progress, and status checks.
- Identify & influence additional business opportunities in collaboration with the sales team by demonstrating knowledge of the customer’s networks, challenges, and future plans.
- Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationships with the customer and guide them to the next steps.
Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve incidents related to Cisco products, services or solutions for Cisco Customers.
Work with customers via collaboration tools to solve technical issues.
Be a great teammate in worldwide team, assisting colleagues with problem resolution and effectively seeks assistance from other peers for problem resolution when required.
Recreate customer technical problems within Cisco’s internal labs.
Collaborate with the engineering teams to improve product quality by identifying and documenting software defects.
Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest technologies within the networking domain.
What does the selection process look like?
There are four rounds: application review, virtual test and recruitment interview, role-playing and assessment and hiring manager interview. The application process is currently open and the selection process will take approximately 3 weeks.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (35 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.