New Buying Centers Acceleration Business Development Manager
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Job Title: New Buying Centers Acceleration Business Development
New Buying Centers Acceleration Business Development Manager
Global Partner Organization Transformation Office
San Jose, CA (Any – Not locked to CA – could be any Region)
The Business Entity
Cisco’s partners transact the vast majority of our business and are truly a world class differentiator for us in the market. They span every geography, industry, segment and architecture. In tight partnership with Cisco, they are focused on Performing and Transforming to grow their businesses profitably. We are enabling them in this endeavor by facilitating their ability to grow profitably by 1) Accessing New Buying Centers, including Line of Business buyers, through co-sell motions 2) Create and Execute Selling Platform Enabled Outcomes, 3) Activating Lifecycle selling capabilities.
The Global Partner Transformation team sits in the Global Partner Organization and is the Center of Excellence for developing/sharing best practices, enablement, and supporting infrastructure for Transform motions in the Regions and countries, including new routes to market, co-development of solutions, co-selling, buying programs and customer success.
Reporting to: Director, New Buying Center
Role & Responsibilities
The New Buying Center Business Development Manager will work closely with the Director of New Buying Centers to assist in designing, building and piloting new partner enablement capabilities to ensure partner and Cisco success. This role will lead coordination of cross-functional activities with Global Sales and Segments teams, Geo-Regional Sales and Partner teams, Business Units, Marketing, Finance, Business Operations, and other subject matter experts across Cisco to:
• Identify New Buying Center opportunities and focus areas for solutions across the Cisco portfolio together with stakeholders.
o Align POV on where Cisco is at the field level with accessing new buying centers
o Confirm vertical prioritization with GSSI, Product BE’s, Sales Regions
o Develop a ‘point of view’ on financial impacts, business trends, and new partner opportunities
o Be the primary SME for joint solutions, partner value exchange and GTM creation, piloting and execution.
o Provide guidance on offer roadmaps as it relates to the impact across all partner types.
• Define, design and pilot partner routes built with new multi-partner selling motions across new partner types/roles and based on new value exchanges.
o Work with Global segments and regions to understand/prioritize major GTM and Sales transformational initiatives (for e.g. IT as a Business, Multi-domain engagements, Industry 4.0, etc.) and strategic competitive landscape (for e.g. VMWare, Huawei)
o Incubate and Pilot new partner type joint solutions through alternative routes to market relevant to the Geos and determine what makes them successful; lead the change that we need within Cisco to systematically codify the conditions which make them successful (e.g., programs, incentives, enablement)
o Identify lighthouse accounts, and partner capacity needed in Geo. Pilot coverage models with Geos.
o Connect existing partners to new partner types in a P2P motion (partner to partner).
o Be a catalyst to drive a new type of engagement with multiple partner types with our Cisco AMs.
• Create business cases (callout key proposals needed: GEO, BE, Funding models to drive partner profitability for the ecosystem) for further funding of pilots or scale motions
o Manage budgets and investment plans as well as associated return on investments based on metrics.
o Create and implement leading and lagging metrics designed to assess progress of New Buying Center access.
• Create and support enablement and practice building frameworks with the Geo teams to drive goals (Ex: Sales-kit with Partner Offer Stack, Customer Wins, enablement, pipeline building sales plays, demand generation, marketing messaging, localized presentation, sales contests, promotions, and best practice capture knowledge base.
o Advise our programs and operations team on process improvements and profitability guidance as it relates to the joint solutions with our ecosystem of partners.
o Drive awareness around joint solutions by developing and executing communications
o Establish a rigorous communication interlock across Cisco internal stakeholders and partner teams globally.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at the for each partner type on how to achieve success, in partnership with Transformation Strategy & Planning Director, DevNet, GSSI, Regional Partner Org and Country Partner leaders
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or Finance/Economics, Masters in and/or MBA preferred
• 5+ years of partner facing and/or sales experience in the OT & IT industry, preferably with a knowledge of industries and the role industry use cases play in New Buying Center sales motions
• Proven track record of building up partner relationships and pilot initiatives with different partner types in different regions
• Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional virtual teams
• Industry knowledge of the Cisco architecture landscape (competitive portfolio and market trends) for traditional networking, software and services.
• Experience in designing/driving complex projects, programs and processes at scale
• Highly organized, strong project management and follow-through skills
• Intermediate to advanced PowerPoint presentation writing skills
• A keen understanding of relationship development and influence in highly matrixed environments
• Executive presence and credibility, including having a strong partner financial acumen.
• Excellent intellectual and analytical skills - ability to structure problem statements and be the catalyst for uncovering new and creative ways to solve problems. Prior business development or strategy & planning experiences are a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with and advise senior executives (VP+)
· Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and push the envelope on new ideas to transform our business