Networking Java Developer - III
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who are We
Our approach is twofold; first Umbrella, our cloud-delivered security service, blocks advanced charges including malware, botnets, and phishing threats, while our predictive intelligence engine uses machine learning to automate protection against newly-discovered threats before they can reach our customers. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our global network has validated reliability and adds no latency. We protect each and every one of our customers’ devices globally without any hardware to install or software to maintain.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are settled to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, exceptional research and stands on its own products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work. But don’t just take our word for it. We’ve seen nearly 100% year-over-year usage growth.
Who will you work with
Roles and Responsibilities
Looking for an excellent Senior Android Developer to join one of our teams, working on high clarity, high profile projects, at the industry’s first Secure Internet Gateway in the cloud. We are looking for a person who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect network applications to back-end services
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Expertise in cloud deployments
- Demonstrable record of having supplied to multi release, generally available software.
- Understanding of system design, distributed systems, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration and DevOps.
- Passion about producing elegant, maintainable code
- Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts around distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms
- 5 years of Networking development experience
- Published multiple Networking apps or products
- Confirmed background in Java SDK
- Strong Knowledge of Linux Operating System.
- Strong OOP and data structures background
- Working experience with hybrid apps
- Clear understanding of the Software development lifecycle
- Understanding of network technologies (Mandatory)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Role of network applications like DNS, DHCP, Firewall
- Knowledge of protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP.
- Load balancers, IP and Hostname configurations
- Continuous integration with Jenkins
- Agile - Scrum
- Solid experience on Analytical skills, phenomenal teammate
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.