Support Engineer Data Center R&S (TAC DCRS)
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Would you like to be a trusted technical authority to Cisco customers and partners?
Be among the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest technologies?
Meet outstanding engineers from different countries and backgrounds?
JOIN the TAC Data Center Routing and Switching Team
What You'll Do
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents within the scope of various routing protocols, switching technologies, as well as platform related issues on Cisco Nexus switches running in NX-OS mode.
- Recreate customer technical problems within Cisco’s internal labs. Perform troubleshooting, debugging and log analysis.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other technology teams to help solve issues in network environments.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to improve product quality by identifying, reporting, and automating the detection of software defects.
Working hours: Monday – Friday 8am - 4pm (periodic weekend shifts on Saturday or Sunday 8am - 2pm – with additional monetary and day off compensation).
You will learn the ins and outs of both the software architecture and the forwarding logic of Cisco Nexus Switches, allowing you to swiftly troubleshoot data center networks.
Who You Are
As a Data Center Support Engineer, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field of study.
- More than one year of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of common routing and switching protocols at a level equivalent to CCNP or greater.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internal resources and apply that knowledge in real world situations.
- Ability to work independently, but comfortable working in a team environment.
Limited experience with Cisco products is not a roadblock. We believe that if an engineer has a solid understanding of the technology and is dedicated, then is fully capable of getting used to the Cisco specific implementation.
It is not crucial, but we appreciate if you also have:
- Experience with the Nexus series of switches and NX-OS.
- Hold a current valid certification (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE and/or Devnet certifications).
- Knowledge of VXLAN EVPN.
- Knowledge of APIs, Linux, Automation.
Who You'll Work With
- You will get targeted training and mentoring helping you to ramp up your knowledge.
- The scope of your work is primarily within the Data Center R&S domain; however, you will also be continuously encouraged to expand your competencies, skills, and knowledge via participation in trainings and rotations between different teams.
- As a member of TAC, you will be encouraged and fully supported in achieving your CCIE/Devnet certifications (numerous study materials, dedicated paid study time off, free/unlimited access to a wealth of Cisco’s products and to a worldwide network of 24/7 dedicated internal Cisco Labs).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Poland is offering a lot of benefits:
- Hybrid work: You will be able to work from home from any place within Poland or in the office located in Krakow.
- Work-life balance initiatives: 26 vacation days for each employee, Day4me (additional PTO days), Birthday Day off, wellbeing platform and webinars.
- Your life and family: Meal Card, Connected Card, Baby Gift Program.
- Volunteering opportunities: 10 Time2Give Days (paid days off to devote to charity organizations) to work on projects close to your heart, and most importantly, giving back to local communities.
- Rewards: Discounted Stock, Connected Recognition Program (monetary program to recognize contributions and excellence of your peers).
- Your wellbeing: private medical care, private life insurance, social fund benefit.
- Referral bonuses for recommending your friends to Cisco.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.