Network Systems Engineer
Location:Boca Raton, Florida, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
Cisco Webex is transforming how people communicate globally and driving efficiency to outstanding levels through improved user experience and cloud-enabled workflows. We are seeking a software engineer to join our global team of engineers, developers, architects on the various layers of software and services backing our Webex applications.
Join the multifaceted community of engineers innovating on the latest in cloud-based software development, including continuous integration and delivery, tested development, and software-as-a-service DevOps. Our team develops Cisco's cloud-based teamwork service enjoyed by millions of users at thousands of companies, including some of the world's largest corporations
What You Will Do
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the technical routing, switching, and load balancing. They will also be responsible operational network authority for the Production, Development and 3C’s corporate networks. The Senior Network Engineer will also work closely with the Systems and Application teams as well as the Network Operations Center to support the business needs of the company. This person is organized, efficient, and knowledgeable with Cisco, LAN, WAN, Firewall, and VPN design and implementation. They must be able to work with limited supervision. The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Strong Service Level Agreement (SLA) responsibilities and strict change control are synonymous with this role. The individual we seek enjoys handling complicated challenges of all sizes and finds reward in helping businesses make the most of their technology. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, independent, detail oriented and resourceful with impeccable communication and time management skills. They are a collaborative team player and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for all aspects of the planning, engineering, implementation and support of the local area networks (LANs) and Customer Connection Interfaces (CCIs) across the organization to ensure the stability of all voice, data, video, and wireless network services.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of meeting and exceeding contractual obligations.
- Establish and implement best-practice standards as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast-paced highly technical environment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues and issue management throughout the network environment.
- Responsible for identifying problem areas in a proactive way and developing solutions to meet the challenges in the converged network environment.
- Responsible for ensuring the security of the network working with the security team to ensure the highest standards of security are obtained.
- Guide product selection, proof of concepts, and implementation of network solutions that meet customer and future business requirements
- Actively improve network performance by gathering, prioritizing information, and managing projects.
- Develop proper capacity plans to ensure appropriate bandwidth, latency, redundancy and availability.
- Maintain standards and best practices for network tool set environments with a focus on Fault Management and Capacity/Performance Monitoring tools.
- Responsible for the design, install, configuration, and lifecycle management of all Network devices. [Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, VoIP Phone Systems, Firewalls]
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot networks servicing over 20 million + email & portal subscribers across a global service delivery infrastructure.
- Actively participate in the architecture and installation of carrier class solutions with Information Technology, Engineering, & Systems teams.
- Validate network capacity, performance, and uptime to Sr. Management, Clients, and Vendors.
- Must have 24x7 availability to meet contractual SLAs of uptime.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- You have 7-10 years of professional experience with LAN, WAN and VPN design, implementation and network capacity planning;
- You possess a Bachelors Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- CCNP, CCDP or CCIE Certifications are strongly preferred.
- You have solid process skills with an understanding of change control processes and managing critical production environments.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.