Network Systems Engineer
Location:Boca Raton, Florida, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
Cisco Webex is transforming how people communicate globally and driving efficiency to outstanding levels through improved user experience and cloud-enabled workflows. We are seeking a software engineer to join our global team of engineers, developers, architects on the various layers of software and services backing our Webex applications.
Join the multifaceted community of engineers innovating on the latest in cloud-based software development, including continuous integration and delivery, tested development, and software-as-a-service DevOps. Our team develops Cisco's cloud-based teamwork service enjoyed by millions of users at thousands of companies, including some of the world's largest corporations
What You Will Do
The Network Systems Engineer will be responsible for operational tasks intake from other Technology and Business groups, assisting the team’s project workload, and systems maintenance activities. He or she will be responsible for IMI’s systems and leading troubleshooting, fixing problems and escalating issues to the appropriate teams.Collaborate within an agile development environment developing and delivering world-class software across a distributed team
- Assist with research, architecture and systems implementation and monitoring for new technologies.
- Assist with planning and executing hardware and software refresh and maintenance where necessary
- Assist with designing and building solutions to improve IMI’s operational awareness.
- Create, update and organize technical documentation & knowledge base
- Be available for support of highly available systems on a rotational basis.
- Act as technical escalation points for NOC, HelpDesk, and Systems Team
- Monitor ticket queues for change control, incidents, and requests
- Progress work daily via ticketing system queues
- Architect and develop tools & processes to ensure accurate active monitoring and correlation of historical performance and alert data of all devices, services, and processes.
- Define and evangelize standards and best practices for monitoring and performance testing of IMI’s products.
- Be able to travel for IT Infrastructure installation and maintenance.
- Assist with License management
Who You Are
- You possess a BS Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience required
- You have 2-5+ years of experience in Linux
- You have Knowledge of containers including Docker and Kubernetes.
- You have Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments pipelines.
- You possess the ability to implement DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices.
- You are able to provide simple and elegant solutions to problems ranging from data collection, aggregation, and display, to improving performance of highly scalable products
- You possess strong knowledge of TCP/IP stack, HTTP, POP, IMAP, SMTP protocols, applications such as apache/nginx web servers and proxies and troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark
- You possess strong knowledge of the Linux kernel
- You have experience in an Enterprise Java environment is an asset
- You have experience with monitoring tools Icinga / Nagios and Sensu is an asset and the ability to architect and develop monitoring and reporting solutions with tools such as Shell scripting, Python, Perl, PHP, MySQL, Java, Nagios, SNMP
- You have experience in configuration management such as Ansible (preferred), Puppet or Chef
- You have experience with system and storage virtualization (KVM, VMWare, Ceph)
- You have experience with Cloud based technologies (AWS) is an asset
- You possess knowledge of RPM package management process, source/version control
- You have experience with Change Control Management (ITIL Based)
- You have experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket an asset
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.