Network Support Engineering Internship, Sydney (Meraki)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Internship (September 2022 - June 2023, full-time, Sydney)
Cisco Meraki Business Unit
At Cisco Meraki, our Network Support Engineer Interns act as key players on the Support team! You will troubleshoot cases that cover the entire Meraki product line, including our wireless access points, security appliances, switches, and Systems Manager application, just like our full-time engineers. With a steep learning curve and a fun, challenging work environment, our interns come out of the program with a deeper understanding of networking, stronger problem-solving skills, and a proficiency in customer support that will carry with them for the rest of their careers. Our interns are an integral part of the Support team - we look for hard-working, passionate individuals who are open to tackling any task and are proactive in helping the team. The position is full-time and based out of the Sydney office.
- Research and resolve issues reported by Meraki customers and partners
- Identify issues suitable for entry in the Meraki Knowledge Base
- Write, review, and release KB articles
- Assist with lab testing work as needed for Meraki products
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs
- Have a project in mind? Let us know, and we'll help to make it happen!
- Must be working towards a B.S in Networking and Systems Administration, Computer Information Technology, Network Technologies, Computer Science, or a related subject area from an accredited university - Not accepting Masters students
- Basic understanding of networking fundamentals, e.g. be able to explain the functions of and differences among the link, network, transport, and application layers
- A passion to assist and problem-solve with our customers
- Outstanding account management, follow-through, and problem-solving skills
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.