Network Support Engineer Intern, Winter FY24 - ETR, Sydney (Meraki)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Applicants MUST be able to work in person at our Sydney, AUS office.
This roles is currently not available to those enrolled in a Masters program
Cisco Meraki has revolutionized enterprise IT and continues to have ambitious initiatives. We run a world-class Support team that assists our ever-growing global customer and partner base. Our Support team is the backbone of Meraki, providing quality support to over 1 million active networks worldwide to ensure our clients’ network infrastructures run seamlessly and effectively. Our team is made of generalists with the ability to troubleshoot all Meraki product lines, including our wireless access points, security appliances, switches, mobility management application, and phones.
Our team is looking for smart, passionate recent graduates to join our amazing Support organization. As a Network Support Engineer, you can immediately apply your coursework, work with a variety of industries, and gain exposure to a diverse group of teams within. Meraki provides many opportunities for career growth in a fun, challenging, and fast-paced environment.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, phone and other various network-related issues reported by Cisco Meraki customers and partners
* Own each networking issue through the process from initial creation to resolution
* Collaborate with other Support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues of customers’ devices
* Read and analyze packet capture using Wireshark
* Work with Engineering and Management to diagnose and resolve critical escalated issues
* Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles
* Stay up to date on Meraki features and technology by attending lunch and learns, participating in Engineering and Product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends
* Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols, including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, etc.
* Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks
* Previous internship and/or work experience or volunteer work in a network lab environment helpful
* Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension
* An eagerness to learn from others and be a team player
* Passionate about networking, IT and helping people
* Working towards or have a B.S. in Computer Networking, Information Technology, or a related discipline.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.