Network Support Engineer - Intern, Summer 2024 (Meraki) UK
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestTechnical Support
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Service Provider
Meraki invites enthusiastic learners to apply to the Summer 2024 Internship programme.
Todays world runs on the Internet, which cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. We enable connectivity everywhere, from cafes and universities to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
Intern Program Overview:
Meraki Interns are key players within our teams, and our Network Support Interns lean into resolving cases that cover the entire Meraki product line, including wireless access points, security appliances, switches and Systems Manager applications, "just like our full-time engineers!". Through your contribution, you will enable our customers to do more things, more easily than ever before.
Our UK based paid Internship Programme runs for 12 weeks between June & August 2024, and will provide you with a steep learning curve within a fun & real-world working environment; resulting in a deeper understanding of networking, strong problem-solving skills and a proficiency in customer support.
Matched with a committed mentor, you'll be provided with feedback and guidance throughout the duration of the program. Mentors also help with introductions to other team members, induction of tools and processes, and provide a smooth integration into Meraki life.
Working full-time hours alongside our team, Interns become enthusiastic contributors of the Support team - and we look for inquisitive and passionate individuals who embrace tackling new tasks and are pro-active in helping their team.
- Research and resolve issues reported by Meraki customers and partners
- Assist with lab testing work as needed for Meraki products
- Identify, reproduce and document bugs
- Complete a Network Project and present your work to your peers and leaders. If you have a project in mind? Let us know, and we'll help you to make it happen!
- You should be set to graduate in Spring 2025 and studying BSc or simular in Networking and Systems Administration, Computer Information Technology, Network Technologies, Computer Science, or a related subject area from a University/ College or Accredited Course - Sorry NOT accepting Masters Students
- Have a detailed understanding of networking principles, e.g. ability to explain the functions of and differences among the link, network, transport, and application layers.
- Exhibit an empathetic approach towards assisting customers: problem-deciphering / solving, explaining and resolution
- Be naturally resourceful, imaginative and creative whilst retaining excellent attention to detail
- Be able to interconnect with others: converse and convey through your excellent social skills
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
- Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco typically pays as follows:
.75% of incentive target for each 1% of revenue attainment up to 50% of quota;
1.5% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 50% and 75%;
1% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 75% and 100%; and once performance exceeds 100% attainment, incentive rates are at or above 1% for each 1% of attainment with no cap on incentive compensation.
For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.