Network Support Engineer Intern - Summer 2023 London (Meraki)
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Summer Internship (2023), full-time (Monday- Friday 40 hours per week)
Cisco Meraki Business Unit
At Cisco Meraki, our Network Support Engineer Interns are key players within our team! They troubleshoot cases that cover the entire Meraki product line, including wireless access points, security appliances, switches and Systems Manager applications, "just like our full-time engineers!".
Our internship programme provides a steep learning curve within a fun & real-world working environment, resulting in a deeper understanding of networking, strong problem-solving skills and a proficiency in customer support that will sustain them for the rest of their careers. Interns become enthusiastic contributors of the Support team - and we look inquisitive and passionate individuals who are open to tackling any task and are pro-active in helping their team.
The position is full-time with hybrid working options based out of our London office.
- Research and resolve issues reported by Meraki customers and partners
- Identify issues suitable for entry in the Meraki Knowledge Base
- Write, review, and release KB articles
- Assist with lab testing work as needed for Meraki products
- Identify, reproduce` and document bugs
If you have a project in mind? Let us know, and we'll help you to make it happen!
- You should graduate in 2024 and be working towards a bachelor’s degree in Networking and Systems Administration, Computer Information Technology, Network Technologies, Computer Science, or a related subject area from a University/ College Boot Camp, Apprenticeship or a Netacad / Accredited Course - Not currently accepting master’s students
- Detailed understanding of networking fundamentals, e.g., ability to explain the functions of and differences among the link, network, transport, and application layers.
- A passion for assisting customers and problem-solving.
- Outstanding account management skills, follow-through, and problem-solving skills
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We’re confronting the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and teamwork. When we connect different perspectives, we can achieve new possibilities, encourage innovation and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.