Network Support Engineer Intern - Poland - Summer 2023 (Meraki)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
At Meraki, we are making IT easier, faster, and smarter by building technology that simply works! Our team is passionate about innovation and delighting customers which has enabled us to grow more than 100% year over year. Headquartered in San Francisco, our diverse and inclusive team has a growing international footprint with 7 offices across the world.
Our Network Support Engineer Interns are key players within our team!. They troubleshoot cases that cover the entire Meraki product line, including wireless access points, security appliances, switches and Systems Manager applications, "just like our full-time engineers!". Whilst our Internship programmes provide a steep learning curve within a fun & real-world working environment, resulting in a deeper understanding of networking, strong problem-solving skills and a proficiency in customer support that will sustain them for the rest of their careers. Interns become enthusiastic contributors of the Support team - and we look inquisitive and passionate individuals who are open to taking on any task and are pro-active in helping their team.
The position is full-time (40hrs pr week) based out of our Krakow, Poland office.
What will you be doing:
- Effectively connect with customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquiries, both orally and in writing.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by Cisco Meraki customers and partners.
- Own each customer case from initial creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, configurations, and sophisticated networking issues on customers' devices.
- Read and analyze packet captures using Wireshark.
- Stay up to date on Meraki features and technology and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends.
Your Skills & Qualifications should include:
- You should be on target to graduate either late 2023 or in 2024 and be working towards a Bachelors Degree / Masters in Networking and Systems Administration, Computer Information Technology, Network Technologies, Computer Science, or a related subject area from a University/ College or Accredited Course.
- Have a fundamental understanding of network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, and wireless.
- Possess comprehension of networking protocols with the ability to explain the functions of and differences among the link, network, transport, and application layers. including TCP, STP, ARP etc.
- Sound theoretical or practical knowledge of LANs, VLANs, WLANs, VPNs &/or DHCP servers.
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Experience in computer networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, etc.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
#LI - Poland
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.