Network Support Engineer - Chicago, IL
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Area of InterestTechnical Support
Characteristics of success in this role include previous experience in supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, or DHCP servers; experience installing and troubleshooting WiFi networks; and having the ability to multi-task and work under pressure. We're looking for people who take pride in doing excellent work, and can both teach and learn from those around them.
- Effectively communicate with third parties such as partners and customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquiries, both orally and in writing.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by Cisco Meraki customers and partners.
- Own each customer case from initial creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues on customers' devices.
- Read and analyze packet captures using Wireshark.
- Work with engineering and management to diagnose and resolve critical, escalated issues.
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
- Stay up to date on Meraki features and technology by attending lunch and learns, participating in engineering and product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends.
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
- Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, etc.
- Experience supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, WLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, &/or DHCP servers.
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension.
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate matters to third parties.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Experience in computer networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Working towards or have a bachelor's degree in Computer Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking and IT Security, or a related discipline from a top-tier university. Complete degree necessary to begin work.
- Networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP CWNA, etc.