Network Security Engineer - Solution Support (AAA)
Area of InterestSecurity
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You’ll Do
- Be a trusted technical authority to global Cisco customers and partners.
- Work with customers to tackle highly sophisticated technical issues.
- Engage in cross technology/Product collaborations to help solve issues in multi-vendor network environments.
- Contribute to Cisco’s vast knowledge base and troubleshooting guides.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects.
- Recreate technical problems in internal state-of-the-art Cisco labs.
- Three or more years of related experience with technical support in networking and Network Security.
- Technical knowledge with proven experience in networking and network security equivalent to CCNP level knowledge (Cert not required).
- Knowledge and experience in (Network Access Control) NAC or Cisco (Identity Services Engine) ISE would be preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills analyzing logs and data.
- Foundation of Linux / UNIX command line tools / environment.
- Proficient in English, written and spoken.
We'll be impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Advanced Linux skills, Windows troubleshooting.
- Scripting Languages.
- Relevant industry certification.
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting Cisco Security Products.
- Presentation and training skills.
- Grow your technical and soft skills.
- Ability to present in seminar and conferences such as Cisco live and partner meetings.
- Support in pursuing Cisco Certification.
- Contribute to Cisco intellectual capital. (Automation projects, Hackathons, etc.)
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Becoming Subject Matter Expert.
- Giving back to local and global community.(charity events).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.