Network Security Consulting Engineer
Location:Offsite, United Kingdom
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What will you do
The Consulting Engineer is expected to be able to take the lead role in projects, managing less experienced engineers to ensure a successful outcome to the project. Working as part of the Global Security Services organization, the role of Consulting Engineer involves delivery of both transactional and subscription projects to strategic customers throughout the EMEAR theatre.
The Engineer is also expected to take a lead in large-scale design and implementation projects.
Who you’ll work with
Projects vary considerably between security reviews; design and implementation of Cisco security products; and involvement as part of virtual multi-discipline teams as the security lead in large-scale design and implementation projects.
With a varied workload and travel schedule, working as part of a dynamic and highly skilled team, the position offers interesting work for knowledgeable and experienced consulting engineers with strong network security expertise and developed customer-facing consulting skills.
Who you are
- Several years of security experience is mandatory of which at least part must be on network security with a deep and primary technical focus.
- The candidate will possess expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment using security products from Cisco and other vendors.
- Very strong technical account liaison and customer management / consulting skills are mandatory.
- The candidate must have a deep knowledge on ISE, ASA , WSA and sourcefire.
- Expert level knowledge in network security including architecture and configuration of Cisco routers, firewalls and a wide range of security products is required.
- CCIE Security qualified or equivalent.
- University/college degree equivalent is expected and an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Other beneficial qualifications are CISSP, TOGAF, CCDE, CEH, CISA and CISM, or other relevant security qualifications such as those from Check Point, Netscreen, Symantec etc.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco