Network Engineer Intern - Bachelors - UK
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Start: Early July 2022 / Duration: 1 year
Location: , United Kingdom, under normal circumstances.
Due to Covid-19 there is the possibility of the program starting virtually.
We at Cisco are looking for a Network Engineer Intern to join our Core Network team based in our UKI Headquarters in Bedfont Lakes, Feltham -UK. Day-to-day activities will involve working within a large global team of Network Engineers, Project Managers and Service Owners to enable the efficient running and 24/7 availability of the worldwide core networking infrastructure.
What you’ll do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join with a team of new Interns all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Other activities include but are not limited to:
- Work on the installation of new equipment/solutions including racking, configuration and go-live on both simple and complex projects.
- Supporting existing platforms and network solutions.
- Single working or part of a large team depending of the project.
- React to and support the swift resolution of breaches and errors so that global operational efficiency is maintained.
We are looking for someone that can demonstrate the following;
- Currently enrolled at University as an undergraduate studying a course involving Computing, Networking and/or IT.
- The ability to be given a task and be able to research and deliver what is required.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the following technologies:
- Networking (Routing & Switching)
- Automation / Programming - (Python, Bash, PHP etc)
- Linux / Windows Operating Systems
- Virtualisation Technologies – VMware, OpenStack, Docker
What we offer
At Cisco we strongly believe in the wellbeing of our employees and work life balance and our benefits package is designed to reflect this.
- Annual Leave: 25 days
- Onsite office facilities including;
- Free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office
- Starbucks Coffee bar
- Access to a large canteen
- Massage chairs & nap pods
- An onsite Nuffield Health gym and showers (at an additional cost)
- At Cisco, we encourage a culture of giving back to the community, and you will be invited to participate in giving back events organised either by the IT team or the Bedfont Lakes campus CSR team.
- Our selection process is as follows: Application - Hiring Team Video Interview – Virtual Cisco Day.
- You must be able to legally live and work in the UK without visa support or sponsorship.
Why you will love Cisco
At Cisco, we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT
We are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this, we like to have fun and have regular team events.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our recent hires are saying! #wearecisco
- Marianna Pittokopiti: The First Two Months
- Daniel Cookson, Aliyah Butt & Alex Naggar: Early Life at Cisco
- Emily Cousins and Paige Chasty wrote a blog check it out here.
- Search LinkedIn for #CiscoQuaranterns for life as an Intern during the pandemic.
- There is a good video here
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it).
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!