Network Engineer - (Intern) - Bachelor or Master - UK
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Location: Bedfont Lakes, Feltham, UK
Start Date: July 2020 - July 2021
We at Cisco are looking for a Network Engineer Intern to join our Core Network team based in our UKI Headquarters in Bedfont Lakes, Feltham -UK. Day-to-day activities will involve working within a large global team of Network Engineers, Project Managers and Service Owners to enable the efficient running and 24/7 availability of the worldwide core networking infrastructure.
What you’ll do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join with a team of new Interns all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Other activities include but are not limited to:
- Work on the installation of new equipment/solutions including racking, configuration and go-live on both simple and complex projects.
- Supporting existing platforms and network solutions.
- Single working or part of a large team depending of the project.
- React to and support the swift resolution of breaches and errors so that global operational efficiency is maintained.
We are looking for someone that can demonstrate the following;
- Currently enrolled at University as an undergraduate studying a course involving Computing, Networking and/or IT.
- The ability to be given a task and be able to research and deliver what is required.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the following technologies:
- Networking (Routing & Switching)
- Automation / Programming - (Python, Bash, PHP etc)
- Linux / Windows Operating Systems
- Virtualisation Technologies – VMware, OpenStack, Docker
What we offer
At Cisco we strongly believe in the wellbeing of our employees and work life balance and our benefits package is designed to reflect this.
- Annual Leave: 20 days plus bank holidays
- Access to Cisco’s onsite office facilities including;
- Free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office
- Starbucks Coffee bar
- Access to a large canteen
- Massage chairs & nap pods
- An onsite Nuffield Health gym and showers (at an additional cost)
- At Cisco, we encourage a culture of giving back to the community, and you will be invited to participate in giving back events organised either by the IT team or the Bedfont Lakes campus CSR team.
- You will be invited to join Cisco’s annual summer BBQ in July.
- Apply by 15th November to attend our Assessment centre in December.
- Our selection process is as follows: Application - Recruiter Telephone Assessment - Hiring Team Telephone Interview – Cisco IT day incorporating an Assessment Centre.
- You must be able to live and work in the UK. EU visa sponsorship is available, unfortunately, we do not sponsor International visas.
Why you will love Cisco
At Cisco, we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT
We are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this, we like to have fun and have regular team events.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our recent hires are saying! #wearecisco