Network Engineer Graduate - UK
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Job TypeNew Graduate
Location: , UK
Start Date: September 2022
Due to Covid-19 there is the possibility of the program starting virtually.
We at Cisco are looking for a Graduate Network Engineer, with a passion for technology and solid academic foundations in analytical disciplines. Cisco is a strong advocate of using its own enterprise networking, data center, collaboration products, and solutions internally; Cisco IT deploys all these technologies – the result being that Cisco IT accrues a great deal of experience in how to design, deploy, operate, and automate these solutions within a large global enterprise.
What you’ll do
As a Graduate Network Engineer the daily activities of the role involve working within a large global team of DevOps Network Engineers, Product Owners, and Product Managers to enable the efficient running of all Cisco offices as well as having the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Use creative problem-solving to provide Cisco with advanced, essential business capabilities.
- Developing technical prototype environments and concepts.
- Supporting existing platforms and network solutions, including but not limited to both WAN, LAN, and Wireless.
- Single working/or part of a team dependent of the project, using the SAFe methodology.
- Identity and work on areas that can be automated to streamline processes within the team.
We are looking for someone that can demonstrate the following;
- A Bachelor's degree (or higher)
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Familiar with design concepts
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the following technologies:
- Networking (Routing, Switching, and Wireless)
- Software Defined Networking (i.e. SDWAN, SD-Access, etc)
- Automation / Programming – i.e. Python, Ansible, REST, APIs are advantageous but not essential
- Virtualisation Technologies – VMware, OpenStack, Docker are advantageous
What we offer
At Cisco we strongly believe in the wellbeing of our employees and work life balance and our benefits package is designed to reflect this. On top of your remuneration package, you may be entitled to receive these Benefits & Perks as part of our People Deal and benefits package. (May vary location)
On top of a highly competitive salary package, you’ll receive all the following as part of our People Deal and the Graduate programme:
- Hands-on experience with the world's largest Networking company.
- Support in gaining your Cisco certifications
- Develop an extensive knowledge of Cisco’s broad product line.
- Give you the chance to work with the top engineers who are specialists in their fields.
- Assign you to projects where you will learn various troubleshooting skills.
- Give you access to the vast resources of Cisco to help enable your learning.
The above list is not exhaustive and there are a range of additional benefits available to you.
- Our selection process is as follows: Application - Hiring Team Video Interview – Virtual Cisco Day.
- You must be able to legally live and work in the UK without visa support or sponsorship.
Why you will love Cisco
At Cisco, we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT
We are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this, we like to have fun and have regular team events.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our recent hires are saying! #wearecisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!