Network Engineer (Co-Op) - United States
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You’ll Do
- Hands-on experience with next-generation technology in Cisco’s Advanced Labs
- Craft services that help customers manage their networks while providing strategic and tactical support
- Build networks consisting of an array of Cisco equipment every day
- Monitor and track network recreate requests
- Support the lab infrastructure
- Collaborate with peers and mentor new co-ops
- Receive on-the-job training and build your skills as you earn industry-leading certifications (expected to receive CCNA by the end of the co-op term)
Who You’ll Work With
Let’s change the world together. Be immersed in a small close-knit group of cohorts to collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact. You’ll learn from industry experts. We value your ideas, perspective on how to get things done. Work on network infrastructures. Deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and the cloud.
Who You Are
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in a technical field, such as Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field
- Ability to work full-time (40) hours for 1 year
- Ability to work on-site in RTP, NC
- An associate’s degree with related experience will be considered.
- Passionate about networking, information technology or computer science
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies, and the achievement of Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) or industry recognized certifications is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, take initiative and succeed in a dynamic team environment
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.