Network Engineer -- Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
Network Engineering is responsible for providing the architecture, development, implementation and operations of the network that powers the Cisco Security cloud.
Manages all aspects of site selection, routing, switching, firewalls, transit, peering, VPN, DDOS mitigation and the global networks of Cisco Hosted Platform Services.
The scale and complexity of our network generates a constant stream of interesting challenges which are solved by using an evolving set of technologies that requires innovation in every aspect of networking.
Daily tasks include:
· network architecture & design
· routing policy
· routing optimization
· ddos mitigation
· new hardware selection.
We do it all and are looking for super talented engineers to join a small team of experienced engineers.
Our team strongly believes in network automation and we are committed to automating all of our repetitive tasks such as configuration management and auto-remediation of network incidents. If you share this vision, come and join us!
Who You'll Work With
Infrastructure Engineering consists of Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering and Security Engineering - together, we build core Internet infrastructure, security applications and distributed systems at scale.
Who You Are
You have experience building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment and extensive experience with Cisco routers and switches.
You also have extensive experience with IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF and with traffic engineering techniques in BGP.
You are familiar with Peering at Internet Exchanges and working with Transit providers and have expert knowledge of both layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing.
You have DevOps mentality - respecting complex production environment, but also can run fast with agile approach, always having automation in mind.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
· Experience building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
· Experience with Perl, Python and/or PHP - Extensive experience with a variety of router platforms
· Extensive experience with routing protocols including BGP, OSPF - Experience with traffic engineering techniques in BGP
· Experience with Peering at Internet Exchanges and working with Transit providers
· Expert knowledge of layer 3 routing (ASR1k, ASR9k)
· Experience in redundancy and high-availability protocols in networking designs
· Experience with tunneling protocols; IPSEC, GRE
· Sound diagnostic ability; DDoS mitigation, packet-loss, latency or throughput problems
· Experience with network security
· Experience with netflow and IPv6 is a definite asset
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things.
We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation.
We are dreamers and we are doers.