Network Consulting Engineer - Wireless
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
Do you thrive in an environment that fosters teamwork and collaboration skills? We are seeking an individual in Wireless LAN technology to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies. You will work closely with technology groups, solution engineers, system integrators, and project teams to design, build, test and deploy wireless solutions for our customers. You will assist in the design and development of consulting service products that can be consistently delivered by Cisco engineers.
You will maintain a strong expertise with Cisco Wireless LAN products and management solutions in order to consult the lifecycle of the engagement. You will interact between various Cisco business units, Cisco Partners and the Cisco Services Organization including technical support, sales, account management, etc. to carry out the assigned project tasks effectively. You may perform any of the following roles depending on specific engagements:
- Hands-on RF pre-deployment site survey, RF post-deployment survey, and RF predictive designs.
- Wireless network assessments.
- High-level design and low-level design, implementation and test plan creation.
- Resolve complex problems and compatibility issues and manage service/project issues.
- Serve as the technical specialist/lead for complex high-density wireless environment related systems.
- Building of lab model environment and designing customer demos.
- Ability to configure tools, toolsets, develop test cases, configure and run tests, and document results.
Who You Work With:
You will be a part of Advance Delivery Centers (ADC) highly technical global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a flawless delivery partner to AS practice and theater teams. ADC provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. ADCs are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh (RTP) - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local laws.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual willing to travel. Working location is based out of Raleigh, NC (RTP). The position may require frequent monthly travel of two to three weeks per month. You're a self-starter who is internally motivated and strives for technical excellence. You enjoy customer interaction and travel and have deep RF and Wireless knowledge and analytical skills. Individuals in this position will need to be goal oriented and expected to own/drive relationships with the co-team members and engineering business units.
- You have a BS/BE/ME/MS University degree or equivalent plus 5+ years’ experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment.
- You own 5+ years of implementation and delivery experiences in networking and solutions in support of IP based networks, preferably in a Professional Services (PS) capacity.
- You're experienced with networking technology, such as LAN Switching & Routing and WLAN protocols and adjacent technologies.
- You have experience of Cisco network elements, Wireless Controllers & Access Points.
- You possess sound experience on customer sites site survey.
- You have exceptional communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills.
- Certification on Cisco technologies like CCIE, CCNP, CCNA.
- You have demonstrated abilities to juggle simultaneous work tasks ranging from system/solution integration to complex technical issues dealing with protocols, Access Points and other technical area.
- You possess experience with third-Party network elements, Routers, Wireless LAN controllers, Access Points and network management products.
- You are familiar with site survey tools like Airmagnet or Ekahau.
- You possess good knowledge of Cisco CMX, Hyper-location, BLE products/technologies and applications or equivalent 3rd party solutions.
- You have exposure to Wired networks and Network Security design and implementation.
- You're familiar with packet capture tools like WireShark.
- You have scripting skills (Python, Perl, shell-scripting, XML, etc.).
- You gained experience in RF Design for Hi-Density, Industrial Environments, and WLC (Wireless LAN Controllers), Access Points (AP), MSE, CMX, Prime Infrastructure (PI).
- certifications CWNA, CWSP (vendor neutral)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.