Network Support Engineer - DNA
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve incidents related to Cisco DNA solution.
- Work with Cisco customers remotely and help tackle their highly sophisticated technical issues.
- Recreate customer technical problems within Cisco’s internal labs.
- Be a trusted technical authority to worldwide Cisco customers and partners.
- Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest cutting-edge technologies in Cisco Enterprise area.
- Improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco CX Centers team is a multifaceted and growing organization of customer support engineers or consulting engineers who support or deliver services to Cisco customers.
Who You Are
As a Technical Support Engineer you have:
- Linux knowledge.
- Solid understanding of modern Enterprise networks.
- Ability to isolate the issue to specific network/software component and come up with feasible workaround / fix.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internal resources and apply that knowledge in real world situations.
- Skills to work independently as well as in very diverse team environment.
We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Advanced Linux knowledge and/or experience with Linux-based operating system.
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Hold a current valid industry recognizable accreditation (CCNA, CCNP).
- Basic knowledge of any programming language (preferably Python) and Rest APIs.
- Knowledge and experience with modern switching and wireless products (Catalyst 9k series).
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco typically pays as follows:
.75% of incentive target for each 1% of revenue attainment up to 50% of quota;
1.5% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 50% and 75%;
1% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 75% and 100%; and once performance exceeds 100% attainment, incentive rates are at or above 1% for each 1% of attainment with no cap on incentive compensation.
For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.