Network Consulting Engineer - R&S - Philippines
Location:Taguig City, National Capital Region, Philippines
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Cisco gives emphasis to family life and is one of the best places in the world to grow personally and professionally. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
Network Consulting Engineer (NCE) is a critical customer-facing role and leading customers’ business outcomes across life cycle of Plan/Build/Manage and maximizing customer loyalty, satisfaction through Cisco services delivery value proposition. As technical representation for Cisco Customer Experience (CX) Services in front of our clients, the candidate will be expected to have solid technical acumen in Service Provider’s (SP) technology. You will be expected to:
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of complex IP MPLS network which involved routing (OSPF, BGP, ISIS), Segment Routing, IPv6, Inter-AS routing, IX, QoS, VPN, Layer 2 switching, VLAN etc
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- Lead design workshop and conduct detailed design of complex SP networks for green field as well as Migration of existing production network to new network.
- Generate configuration files for network deployments with testing and validations.
- Cisco Services value demonstrations to customers
- Collaborates actively with other NCE’s and technology practices teams to ensure optimal use of resources to meet customer needs (SP, other team members).
- Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables.
- Leads and works on projects that are strategic, of high visibility, and involve highly complex emerging technologies and solutions integration.
- Develop proactive production Network’s analysis, period software recommendations.
- Conduct regular audit of customer network and highlight potential areas for improvements
- Works extensively with clients, Account Team and Cisco resources on developing a strategy to fix potential gaps and propose advanced solutions or services that required Network Support Systems.
- Assures that the most complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies are properly and quickly resolved to minimise the business impact.
- Acts as a focal point for critical network problem resolution. Ability to Identify and communicate network issues to customer’s management levels.
- Lead the transactional projects for assigned engagements
- Trusted advisor to customer’s management levels.
Who You Are
Our minimum qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge and expertise of below Cisco’s products and technologies is must :
- Cisco Products : Cisco ASR routers, Cisco CRS Routers, Nexus, 6500, ISR routers, Enterprise switches, Cisco 7000 series routers, NCS 6000
- Technologies : LAN Switching, Layer 2 WAN technologies, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QOS, Traffic engineering, Multicast, QOS, Layer2/3 VPNs , IPv6, Metro Ethernet services, VPLS, VPRN on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco and competitive platforms.
- Hands-on experience in installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting and/or Network solution designing of Cisco routers and switches is must.
- Data Centre and Data Center Interconnect experience is good to have.
Hands-on and troubleshooting on any of the below third party products would be highly preferred:
- Juniper / Huawei / Ericsson
Prior experience of conducting customer workshops, High level and low level network design experience is be preferred.
- Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl would be highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include multi-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech Engineering degree or equivalent plus 8 -12 years of related experience in IT industry
- Certifications – CCIE -SP (Preferred), CCIP, CCNA, CCNP
- Passionate, persuasive, charismatic leader with vision capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
- A self-motivated individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry news, be an inspiration and trendsetter for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.