Consulting Engineer - Datacenter/ ACI
Location:Oeiras, Lisboa, Portugal
Additional Location(s)Krakow, Poland
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You’ll Do
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Advanced Services Customers around Cisco’s Data Center products and solutions.
- Actively involved in the latest industry SDN (Software Defined Networking) technology and Cisco ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) deployments
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams on Data Center Infrastructure areas and future technology trends
- Participates in or leads complex Data Center and Cloud infrastructure (network, storage and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
- Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security.
- Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
- Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies.
- Ensure compliance to delivery methodology operational structure, roles & responsibilities.
- Support the PM in resolution of project issues.
- Track deliverables against the engagement schedule and support the PM track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements.
- Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
- Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success.
Who You’ll Work With:
The Customer Experience Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Customer Experience (CX) delivery teams. Highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in EMEAR region.Through our network of Customer Experience Centers (CX Centers) we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, productivity and innovation across the AS organization.
Who You Are
- Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 8+ years of related experience in IT industry.
- Expert level knowledge in the areas of: IP internetworking, LAN Switching Protocols (MLS, CEF, Trunking (802.1Q), STP, HSRP, LACP/PAGP), IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Hands on experience on Cisco Switches/Routers – 2k, 3k, 4500, Catalyst 6500, ISR 3900, ASR 1k.
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment. Undertake support as designated Professional Services engineer for large-scale networks.
- Must possess strong technical account management skills. Minimum 1 year of experience in Professional Services or high-level support.
- Large-scale network design skills. Active participant in virtual technology teams within Professional Services.
- In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability capacity planning.
- Proficient English skills
- CCIE Preferred
- Nexus 5K/7K platforms product architecture knowledge and hands on experience including Fabric Path, OTV, VDC, VPC technologies, ACI experience is a plus.
- Passionate thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in how to architect, deploy and operate the virtualized datacenter of the future.
- Understands and can articulate the value and business advantage of data center virtualization techniques and cloud architectures. Strong customer-facing skills.
- Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners).
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills. Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential.
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations;
- Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.