Network Consulting Engineer - Cloud/ Compute
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
Customer Experience encompasses many different roles, that all share the same DNA:
Help: You are a trusted technical authority. You will guide your customers in solving puzzles of highly complex issues in their systems, solutions and networks. You will deliver a superb experience in a difficult situation. You will collaborate with your customers over mail, phone, Webex, or in person.
· Be sharp: You will be available for our customers, ready to jump into a new challenge. You will provide planning, designing, implementation, operation and optimization services to our Customers around Cisco’s cloud solutions thus enabling business outcomes and IT transformation
- Learn: Be the first to lay your hands on the latest and greatest in the field of software defined, self-orchestrating, self-optimizing networks technology space. You will get to work on technologies of tomorrow, today.
- Innovate: We'll encourage you to be creative. We'll give you freedom to question the way you and the team work. You don't do boring stuff, you automate it.
- Collaborate: You are not alone. Your team members and you form a tribe together. You'll collaborate with top authorities across Cisco.
- Share: You'll author case studies, guides. You'll train junior engineers and help others reach their full potential, while growing yourself as a technical authority.
- Broaden your view: You will work with colleagues across the globe with different cultural, gender, lingual and technical backgrounds.
Who You’ll Work With
The Customer Experience (CX) organisation is obsessed with the success of our customers. We help them select the right solutions, adopt new features, optimize their network and get them back on track when they are in trouble. Are you ready to be the bridge between Cisco and the world?
Who You Are
Empathic: You're able to keep customers happy and stress levels down during difficult situations.
A Technical Wizard: Obviously you are an authority in your technology field. Here are some of the skills we look for:
- Products: Servers (UCS, Hperflex), Storage (EMC-VNX, Netapp) ), MDS, UCSD + all kinds of automatation for UCS environment, Nexus 1k, VRF, Cloud Solutions: AzureStack
- Technologies: Hypervisors (VMWare/Hyper-V/KVM), Storage technologies (File (NAS), block (SAN), object storage (FCoE, iSCSI, etc.), replication, migration, backup, and performance, workload mobility, Network virtualization and related components across servers
- VCP and Linux certification (e.g. Red Hat)
- Basics of higher layer protocols: SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols
- Wow us with (good to have)
- Database knowledge
- Application knowledge
- Scripting: Python, Ansible, REST API
- Integration to ACI environment knowledge
- You have experience of leading complex Data Center and Cloud infrastructure design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects
- You are capable of solving complex, cross-functional issues that cross many technologies including third party devices
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Our people play an important part in our shared success and one of the ways we recognize their contribution is through the reward and support we offer…
- At Cisco you can get an additional day off to celebrate your birthday and up to 5 days a year to volunteer and support the community, get financial support for your passions outside work like acting classes, football, buy discounted stock, get Cisco support to set aside money for your retirement … and many others! Cisco Poland provides benefits that are a key differentiator on the market!
- Check out our benefits brochure!
- Did you know that ... over 30% of our employees in Krakow are from 40 different nationalities? We constantly celebrate our differences. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Take a look yourself by watching this video What they love most about working at Cisco?
- You will join a team of experts, which is the ideal environment to learn fast. You have the possibility to obtain multiple CCIE’s, CCDE and even CCAr paid by Cisco (you also get a bonus each time you certify or re-certify).
- Check out our cool office as well - Cisco Krakow office video.
Don't just take our word for it ... listen to our employees - Cisco Poland is the Number 1 Great Place To Work in Poland 2018! Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco