.NET Software Support Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
While reading our job description, please remember - we understand from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply if you feel you are the right person for the job and have the aptitude to learn and deliver results :-)
What You'll Do
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the function of proactively monitor, lead, and optimize the most complex software environments.
Software Engineers in the .NET Support Engineering Team are responsible for solving complex technical challenges in customer environments and working with customers to provide advanced technical support, analyzing both AppDynamics and customer code. You will be working in customer environments as well as Cloud environments such as AWS and Azure.
In our dynamic and collaborative environment, your experience and knowledge will enable you to:
- Assist clients instrument, control and debug their large multi-tiered compound applications
- Replicate customer environments and work to identify & fix the root cause or provide interim workaround as needed
- Identify product bugs and improvements based on customer environments and work to close them
Who You'll Work With
You will become a part of a standout technical team that cares about helping and contributing our clients to operate our software and successfully improve their return on investment.
We collaborate with the software engineering and Ops infrastructure teams of the largest companies in the world, and we are considered as a vital partner and extension to their internal teams.
Who You Are
What is required for this position:
- Software development experience in .NET with debugging and troubleshooting (knowledge of .NET Full/Core Framework concepts, e.g. garbage collection, threading, CLR, memory management, multi-threading, asynchronous programming patterns)
- Experience and understanding of MVC, WCF, WebServices, WebAPI design patterns and frameworks
- Experience coding/deploying/troubleshooting .NET Core apps hosted in Docker Linux containers, Windows, and Cloud environments
- Experience is configuring IIS, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure and understanding of networking concepts (for both Windows and Linux)
- Exceptional attention to detail, specification, and ability to solve/fix complex problems in customer environments
- Shown customer-facing professionalism with great communication skills, as you will assist very technical, as well as some non-technical customers
- Self-development attitude and willingness to learn new technologies
What are „nice to have” skills?
- Experience in Windows/Linux systems administration (Windows permission, performance counters, WMI, Windows events logs, Linux system logs)
- Knowledge of Web protocols, formats, and server environments
- Prior experience working with or supporting any APM product is not key but desirable
- Experience in Powershell scripting & writing SQL queries
- Experience/knowledge in any other programming languages is a benefit
- Site Reliability and/or DevOps Engineering experience is not essential but would be useful
Why AppDynamics (Cisco)
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, our customers have real-time insights into application and business performance and user behavior, so they can move faster in an increasingly complex, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale and in production which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.