NEBS Compliance Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
NEBS Compliance Engineer
The Compliance Team is an agile and diverse group working across all of the Core Hardware Engineering Product Lines. We provide turnkey Compliance Solutions working with a range of groups from Marketing, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Corporate Compliance, Manufacturing and Sales. You will have experience and knowledge to influence marketing and product design teams to ensure that products are crafted to meet NEBS requirements.
This self-motivated, detail oriented engineer will be highly organized and capable of supervising concurrent projects through varying stages of development and compliance testing. When issues arise, you will interface closely with Engineering, Manufacturing and Product Support groups to work towards an optimal outcome.
In addition to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and problem solving skills evoke passion and confidence.
Role and responsibilities:
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Define test strategy and develop test plans
- Provide design mentorship and participate in Design Reviews to ensure compliance to NEBS requirements
- Lead efforts to solve problems to meet standards and work closely with development team to solve any issue during the testing
- Partner with NEBS PM, Corporate Compliance and External Test labs to achieve product certification per schedule commitments
- Configure system under test using network or physical simulation equipment such as traffic generators
- Analyze historical data for trends or opportunities for improvement, develop and lead design of experiments initiatives with a multi-functional team.
- Financial Planning
- Maintain current knowledge of NEBS standards and testing methodology - GR-63, GR-1089, GR-3108
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferred in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent program management abilities and an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication and partnership skills
- Proficiency with PC and Cloud based tools - Microsoft, Smartsheet, Sharepoint
- Familiar with NEBS Standards
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics
- Hands on experience with electrical test equipment - Oscilloscopes, chart recorders, thermal chambers,
- CCNA or network configuration
- Lab Automation - Python, LabVIEW
- Ixia IxNetwork