Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who you'll work with
Cisco DNA Spaces is the next gen indoor location services platform from Cisco. Cisco DNA Spaces cloud transforms Customer Wi-Fi into a powerful sensor, unlocking insights and trends from behavior of people and things, allowing the customers to make informed business decisions, optimize operations, and improve experiences
This team's innovations on DevOps and SecOps.
Intent-based networking is the difference between a network that needs continuous attention and one that simply understands what you need and makes it happen. It’s the difference between doing thousands of tasks manually and having an automated system that helps you focus on business goals. Cisco DNA is the open, software-driven platform that turns that vision into reality. Virtualization, automation, analytics, and cloud, all in one architecture.
Cisco is once again pioneering the next age in networking. Today, we are building teams that are growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption.
What You'll Do
- Configure, maintain and support production monitoring tools
- Ensure that SLAs are tracked and reported
- Monitor internal and customer facing tools and reports
- Develop solutions that improves root cause analysis efficiency
- Provide technical expertise to support interpretation of data captured by monitoring solutions
- Coordinating with internal teams
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve basic configuration issues
- Regular Reporting on Open/In Progress/Resolved Tickets to Next Level Managers and the Clients with Definite dates
- Work in 24/7 rotational shifts
Who You Are
We are looking for DevOps specialists to join the Cisco DNA Spaces DevOps team. This includes handling highly reliable and scalable services on Cloud, R&D and automation etc
You will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a “take-charge” / “can-do” attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. You be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision. Work with geographically distributed teams across different time zones.
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in engineering/computer science with an overall work experience of 2 - 3 years.
- Experience in monitoring different tools Nagios, AWS CloudWatch, SolarWinds(Pingdom) and Grafana
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrate effective initiative, organizational and analytical skills, attention to details, judgment and follow through
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with technical, business, and management staff
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of Cisco Location Services (MSE/CMX) is a plus
- Prior customer support experience preferred
- Willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable
- Experience with incident management logging/tracking systems.
- Basic Scripting knowledge
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!