Mobile Packet Core Applications (PCRF & SON) Engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
We connect everything people, processes, data and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, mothers, tech geeks, fathers, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired tech-gurus. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. Our focus on inclusion and diversity isn't just about equal opportunity, or bringing in the best talent. We also participate in initiatives to promote STEM education, inspire young students and empower women and men in building technical careers. Throughout the world, Cisco employees give generously their talent, time and compassion in a variety of social causes. We embrace enthusiasm to help change the world and make a positive impact. We build the future of the Internet by crafting unprecedented value and opportunity for our customers, employees, investors, and ecosystem partners.
The Technical Assistance Center (TAC) provides second and third level technical support to our customers around the world. We jump in to help when their network, systems or solutions experience hiccups. We assist when nobody else knows how to fix the issue. Various technology teams exist within TAC.
In TAC, we continuously support our customers in making their customers' lives better. Do you want to help? We invite you to join us in this endeavor being a part of our family. Right now, we are looking forward to enhance our support team.
In this role you will support Cisco PCRF and SON solutions:
• Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) - is the software node designated in real-time to determine policy rules in a multimedia network.
• Self-Organizing Network (SON) is an automation technology designed to make the planning, configuration, management, optimization and healing of mobile radio access networks simpler and faster.
Both those elements are fundamental to modern mobile networks, instrumental in the path towards 5G.
You will have exposure to distributed Linux systems, OpenStack, Virtualization technologies, NFV etc. while providing support to our customers across the globe.
Does this sound like you?
Problem solver You know how to solve problems. You are analytical in your approach.
Empathy You're able to keep customers happy and stress levels down during difficult situations. You dream about customer success.
Technical Wizard Obviously you are an authority in your technology field. Here are some of the skills we look for
- IP networking - Routing and switching technologies (CCNP level)
- Good understanding of security technologies, IPSec, SSL, VPNs
- Server Virtualization
- Linux, Unix system administration skills (Debian/Red Hat)
- Communicate You have excellent communication skills (in English).
- Education You are Bachelor or Master in Engineering, Computer Science or have similar experience.
We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Programming skills in bash, Python, etc.
- Cisco Certifications - CCNA or CCNP or even CCIE !
- Certifications in virtualization technologies (Openstack, VMware,...)
- Linux system administration certifications (LPIC, RHCSA)
- Database experience SQL, noSQL, Mongo, MySQL,...
- Certifications related to Database Administration (Mongo DB University)
- Knowledge about mobile networks - 2G/3G/4G (GPRS/UMTS/LTE) and specifically experience with Mobile Packet Core and mobile packet core applications (SGSN/GGSN/PGW/MME/SGW/PCRF/SON)
- Familiarity with Mobile Packet Core specific protocols like GTP, DIAMETER, SCTP, etc.
- Familiarity with Mobile Packet Core related 3gpp specifications
- Knowledge on mobile radio technologies
- Experience working with service provider customer base (especially mobile service providers)
- Experience in a similar support role