Media Software Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
The Webex Meetings Engineering team seeks a back-end engineer to join our cloud media engineering team. You'll contribute to the development and operation of microservices that provide real-time audio/video experiences for millions of users.
Your responsibilities in this role will include but are not limited to:
- Developing new features and improving the scale & efficiency of the media processing backend
- Operations (DevOps) including metrics, alarming, chatops, and other tasks as needed to improve the resiliency of the service
- Participating in code review
- Suggesting creative solutions to new problems or refinements to existing code
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered, global collaborative team who's passionate about the successful delivery of new features across all platforms. You will be able to quickly see the results of your work ship in our regular cadence of production releases, observe their usage and performance through metrics, and refine and optimize.
You have an ability to solve complex problems involving multiple products. You're able to clearly present technical concepts to a wide audience. You exercise good judgement to determine best way to achieve technical objectives. You have exceptional problem solving, trouble shooting, and debugging skills. You're an excellent communicator with interpersonal skills. You're able to work independently, as well as in tandem with a dynamic team.
- 10+ years experience with C++
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- MS or BS in Computer Science or a related major
- Deep experience with network protocols such as UDP and TCP
- Experience with real-time media (RTP, H.264, etc.)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better. We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco