Media DevOps Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
The successful applicant will be performing work in FedRAMP High or IL-5 environments, and therefore, must be a U.S. Person (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, asylee, or refugee). This position may also perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil.
Cisco WebEx is a leading enterprise solution for video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinars. It is used across all industries in the world and is being used to support governments, businesses, education, and more.
Cisco's Cloud Collaboration Technology Group creates products and services that bring modern, high-quality collaboration to everyone – spanning every room, desk, pocket, and application. Our collaboration team is responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of leading-edge real-time media services, running both on customer sites and in cloud environments.
As a Media DevOps engineer, you will be asked to design, implement, and maintain media related microservices for Cisco WebEx. You'll work with a diverse group of engineers/architects to build large distributed and industry leading services.
You'll be responsible for:
- Building, testing, and monitoring of highly scalable microservices in the cloud with CI/CD and Agile Methodologies
- Maintain the production services to provide a reliable and stable user experience for our customers.
- Monitor services and features status/usages in production via telemetry. Tuning service performance and improve service quality accordingly.
- Support existing services such as resolving internal alerts and customer issues.
- Participating in on-call support when production services have issues, to investigate and remediate them
Minimum Requirements for this role:
- BA/BS degree required; Computer Science, Math or Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional Software Development experience
- Hands-on experience with real-time audio and video coding, processing techniques, and technologies
- Programming Languages - Python, C++
- Familiarity with DevOps, CI/CD & Cloud Monitoring Technologies - Jenkins, Elastic Search, Kibana, Grafana, Influx DB
- Familiarity with virtualization software and containers (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, AWS)
- Familiarity with multithreaded/event driven/asynchronous software
- Exposure to network programming (for example - TCP/IP, streaming protocols, HTTP or RTP)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!