Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, Hardware, Coop- 24/25 (Meraki)
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Compensation Range44000 USD - 130000 USD
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Service Provider, Software Development, Wireless, Mobility
Meraki invites future Product Design Mechanical Engineers to apply for its yr-long internship (co-op) 2024 -2025.
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere; from neighborhood cafes to education institutions and global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
During your time at Meraki, you'll focus on injecting the renowned Meraki Magic into every device we make!
Working within our hardware team, as well as with vendors and manufacturers, who design and test our innovative hardware products. Throughout the product development lifecycle, you will collaborate with other mechanical engineers, industrial designers, hardware engineers, and manufacturing experts to build and improve our products.
Our engineers put the customer experience first, they own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions!
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the passion and energy of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and encouraging workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
Examples of previous projects:
- Designing, prototyping, and testing mechanical parts that improve user experiences.
- Supporting engineering builds, gaining experience with high volume manufacturing.
- Analysis of product failures, identifying for root cause, and making recommendations or corrective actions to prevent further problems.
- Conducting statistical tolerance analysis studies to verify manufacturing yield.
- Designing experiments and testing procedures that verify and uphold our high hardware quality standards.
Should you apply? Yes, of course, if:
- Are you studying a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, or a related field, within a University, Community College or other Accredited Course.
- You have experience of using a parametric based 3D modeling software, such as Creo, SolidWorks, NX, etc.
- You thrive when working within a team, and are prepared and equipped to confront open-ended problems.
- You demonstrate excellent social skills; and can discuss and present your ideas clearly.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Mechanical Engineering, Consumer Electronics, Product Design, or Prototyping.
- A strong interest or experience in Industrial Design or User Experience.
- Some experience designing for high volume manufacturing processes (sheet metal, die cast, plastic injection molding), and assembly.
- Basic knowledge of heat transfer principles
- Some understanding of solid mechanics and mechanics of materials
- Evidence of diligent organization and planning skills, with an ability to balance multiple projects at the same time
- You have a present portfolio, outlining past projects! if you can, please share a link in your application
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can envision new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
As the leader in cloud-managed IT, Cisco Meraki connects passionate people to their mission by simplifying the digital workplace. Our impact is driven by the innovative, purposeful, and vibrant people who make up our inclusive community. When technology is intuitive, our customers can focus on what matters.
We are building a network of future Merakians who are excited by our mission & culture and want to make an impact in their next role. We would like to hear from you if you are interested in being considered for future career opportunities with us.
To be considered for future roles, please submit your resume. When a position is available that matches your background and skill set, we will reach out to you.
Please note this job posting is currently not open and is intended to advertise future job opportunities.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.