Mechanical Engineer Technical Leader - 1374630
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With
The Data Center Networking Group is developing the Nexus 9000 line of data center and cloud switches that feature application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility.
What You'll Do
As an experienced Mechanical Engineer at Cisco System, you would be responsible for mechanical architecture, analyzing the technical specifications and system mechanical requirements to determine the best approach, feasibility of schedule, and cost constraints for mechanical system & thermal solutions. Drive innovation and continuous improvement within Cisco by harnessing new testing technologies and methodologies. Through technical project cooperation, provide exceptional support to external and internal customers, team members, and other persons and functional groups.
- You will lead the mechanical design for ToR chassis, Modular chassis, PCB board placement, and thermal system solutions.
- You will involve in the component selection, and assembly process definition in production, by working together with the manufacturing team.
- You will involve reliability testing, mainly for MDVT and EMI for design quality assurance.
Who You Are
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- BSME w/9 years’ relevant industry experience (or equivalent degrees) or MSEE w/7 years of experience.
- Required minimum 5 years of experience on 3D mechanical design tools, such as Creo.
- Required experience and working knowledge of PCB board placement
- Solid understanding of all mechanical material properties, mainly on metal, plastic, TIM, EMI gasket
- Experience in high-speed I/O connector, board to board connector, cable connection design
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the power connector, and bus bar design
- Hands-on lab experience in system assembly in the lab
- Familiarity with mechanical tolerance analysis
- Familiarity with stress analysis tools (example: Ansys) or thermal tools ( example: Flotherm is also beneficial
- Fundamental understanding of reliability lab measurement equipment: EMC scan, ESD gun, shaking table, environmental chamber, acoustic equipment.
- Self-motivated - candidate should enjoy leading and taking ownership of assigned projects, exhibit good written and verbal communication skills, and can work well in a diverse team environment.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their businesses, AND we are a hardware company, a software company, and a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.