Mechanical Engineer - (Intern) - United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)RTP, NC - San Francisco, CA - Richardson, TX - Austin, TX - Cambridge, MA
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
What You’ll Do
- Design and analyze mechanical systems, equipment and packaging
- Conduct feasibility studies and testing on new and modified Cisco designs
- Direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication
- Provide design information to drafting for packaging documentation
Collaborate with peers on projects that have a real world impact. From our processes to manufacturing, you'll deliver a standout customer experience of Cisco products and services. Take your creative ideas from the drawing board to deliver powerful solutions. You'll collaborate with multi-functional teams to determine our infrastructural needs and product specifications.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Science, Mathematics, Material Engineering or equivalent
- Tried understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Possess creative analytical skills and excellent troubleshooting
- Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!