Mechanical Design Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Are you our next Mechanical Design Engineer?
At Lysaker, Oslo you find Cisco Webex Devices. We make the best video conference systems in the world – whether you’re at your desk, in the meeting room or in the Boardroom. Our greatest advantage is that we make both hardware and software. We develop all parts of Webex Devices under the same roof - from idea to design, mechanics, industrial design, user experience, machine learning and artificial intelligence. This means we don’t depend on others. We simply create whatever we need.
Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world. They are used by freelancers, small businesses, universities, governments, multinational corporations, powerful political leaders – and even by Queen Elizabeth II.
Lots of people want to work with technology – at Cisco Webex Devices, we create it!
Working as a Mechanical Design Engineer at Cisco Systems Inc:
In your day-to-day work, you will be part of our diverse Mechanical Team. You will work with building competence within the mechanical team and at the same time you will be part of a cross functional project team that consists of industrial designers, supply chain, hardware designers and audio engineers. You will join in on the first sketches of our new products, detailing them in CAD, visit our production sites and eventually going into mass manufacturing, designing products that ship worldwide. You will be part of the whole product development all the way from A-Z and ultimately iterate your product to success.
We have a position open for a Mechanical Design Engineer
Our future dream teammates have:
- A passion for product development, prototyping, building mockups and creating innovative solutions.
- A solid understanding of mechanical engineering and good working knowledge of 3D CAD.
- A teammate who can quickly adapt to a changing environment and a collaborator who can work closely with other teams of expertise.
- Experience in design for manufacturing and assembly.
- A master’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related subject.
- 2-5 years experience in Mechanical Design
Your opportunities – Why Cisco:
You will join a world-class team with a leading market share for our collaboration products and:
- be able to use whatever production method you would like to fulfill the design intent
- work hands-on by building mock-ups and prototypes
- perform hands-on testing and verification of your design
- be part of a strong engineering team with broad and deep technology competence
- cooperate with world-leading EMS manufacturers
- visit our global suppliers to see your design come to life
- work across cultures and geographies with a truly cross-functional team
- have the possibility to grow and develop, both personal and professional
- enjoy a varied and flexible work-day with a social Mechanical Team
At Cisco Webex Devices you can have your cake and eat it too. You will get the creative vigor of a medium-sized company with close colleagues and proximity to the decision-makers. At the same time, you will have the access to resources of one the largest technology companies in the world. At tiny Lysaker, we put great ideas into action.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen. That´s probably why we were ranked #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020. Now in 2021 we were ranked Norways best workplace. In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer:
- a Cisco Fun aka Feeling young group – dedicated to creating great memories for the Webex-family
- a Cisco Play group that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps, as well as an in-house fitness center – to strengthen your body and relieve your stress
- six weeks holiday – to make sure you´re well rested
- five (paid) days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place
- a day off on your birthday – because you deserve it
and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!