Materials Planning Manager, Meraki
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
We believe that when passionate people are able to spend less time struggling with technology, they can spend more time on what matters - like teaching children, running businesses, keeping airports safe, and connecting disaster victims with relief. That’s the real power of simplicity. Cisco Meraki is the leader in cloud-managed IT, thanks to our creative, inclusive, fearless team that is driven to simplify technology so the world can simply work!
Cisco Meraki has grown to become an industry leader in the IT space, with over 500,000 plus customers and with over 3 million active networks and counting around the world. We have a comprehensive set of solutions which allows customers to seize new business opportunities and reduce operational costs. Meraki is known for simplifying powerful technology through our products and services - and for the people behind them. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
In this highly collaborative role, you will lead strategy, implementation, and maintenance of the materials planning process across all product lines. This is a strategic supply chain role that will be partnering with JDMs and suppliers to ensure a continuous flow of materials in support of production schedules.
Qualified candidates will have excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and a strong organizational methodology. In addition, you will have a high degree of adaptability and a willingness to dive in and get things done, all while keeping the big picture in sight.
- Responsible for readiness, availability, and visibility of materials necessary to meet production schedules and overall supply/demand goals
- Partner with JDMs and suppliers to develop materials flow models.
- Build allocation strategies for constrained products for revenue improvement.
- Identify E & O and other material risks, recommend a critical course of action, and own the efforts to mitigate liabilities to the business
- Perform periodic audits to monitor raw materials and WIP inventory levels at the supplier sites
- Prepare and communicate critical materials updates for NPIs, Sustaining and EOL materials
- Develop strong relationships with JDMs and suppliers
- Design JDM dashboard, KPIs, and reporting structure to monitor the flow of materials at supplier sites
- Collect, organize, interoperate statistical data for strategic decision making.
- Extraordinarily clear; distill complicated ideas into just the right number of words. You are an excellent listener and can pinpoint what compels an audience.
- You are able to work between cross-functional teams, minimize conflict, and advise team members on building consensus.
- You use data and team member inputs to make decisions on prioritization and resource allocation. You set measures for success and are committed to quantifying impact.
- Fiercely collaborative. You take an organization-level view and are equally invested in the success of other departments. You invite and act on different points of view.
- You invest in your team’s development, both technically and career-wise. You take the time to know what inspires and motivates each person and contribute to making work meaningful.
- You are protective of Meraki’s talent.
- Bachelor’s preferably in Business related majors or Industrial Engineering
- 1-3 years of inventory planning or material management experience in the consumer electronics or hi-tech manufacturing industry
- Exposure to product lifecycle management with CM/JDM model preferred
- Strong analytical and advanced Excel skills (VBA, Python as a plus)
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.