Marketing Specialist Intern - UKI
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
Start: June 2023
Duration: 3 Months
Location: Feltham, United Kingdom (We follow a hybrid work approach with minimal office presence.)
Challenge yourself and find the career path in Marketing that you’re passionate about while gaining real-world experience! Plan and implement marketing projects in collaboration with your team. Partner with an experienced mentor to determine your career goals and strengths. Collaborate with Cisco Marketing leaders and work in areas such as brand, product, public relations, social media, operations and/or market research. Learn the foundations of marketing and use those skills to help jump-start your career.
What You’ll Do
· Use and expand your marketing and communications skills by completing a 12-week internship in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
· Gain insight into how a large, global marketing organization functions, with hands on experience gained through live projects and campaigns.
· Participate in global research project in small teams of interns to problem solve some of Marketing’s biggest challenges, presenting your findings live on CiscoTV in front of Marketing leaders and peers.
· Take part in a variety of development opportunities, networking events, volunteer and social activities throughout the summer.
· Internship assignments will be based on your educational background, skills, aspirations, and interests.
· Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Marketing, Business / International Business or a related area, OR
· Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in any subject and able to demonstrate awareness and application of marketing concepts and approaches through volunteering, work experience or independent study
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, additional languages are a plus
· Team oriented, with strong communication skills and influencing skills
· Driven and self-motivated with a sense of curiosity
· Demonstrated exposure to (study, internship, coursework, volunteering or work experience) in one or more of:
· Market research and analysis
· Data analytics and insights
· Content creation
· Marketing project planning and execution
· Precise, resourceful, and able to prioritize under deadlines.
· Leadership, interpersonal skills, creativity and problem solving skills.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.