Location:Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
Area of InterestSupply Chain
It's an exciting time to work at Cisco!
Where every day we live our mission, shaping the future of the Internet by creating unprecedented value and opportunity for our customers, employees, investors, and ecosystem partners.
Join one of the top supply chains in the world a catalyst for change in driving company transformation, supporting innovation, improving productivity and exceeding customer expectations.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
Your role would be to help Cisco Supply Chain to unleash the full power of digitization. As we are subject to a constant change deploying processes, policies and technologies to help us to be successful and we need talented individuals to contribute to our journey.
You would lie into a regional Technical Operations team responsible for providing daily technical support to our manufacturing partners as well as helping Cisco to create, implement and adopt new platforms and technologies within manufacturing.
We are looking for a self-motivated candidate who is an engineer at heart. Analytical in thinking, curious about how things are working and hands-on preference. A candidate that actively seeks opportunities for efficiency, simplifying and automating our processes through the use of modern technologies, tools, and innovation.
Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
What you'll do
Supports manufacturing engineering functions at the partner sites including:
- Manage manufacturing build process and process control validation
- Drives execution of AVL, ECN and Deviation changes within the manufacturing process
- Ensure component, product and equipment traceability within manufacturer partners
- Perform process and quality audits at manufacturing sites
- Provides technical support for all systemic defects and Line stops/Purges/Quality issues
- Factory site technical quality metrics ownership and driving metrics improvement
- Sustaining yield & yield achievement plan management and execution
- Validation of correct execution of Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) and Close Loop Corrective Actions (CLCA)
- Validate transformation cost, aging bone pile, and scrap validation and approval
- Ensure low touch manufacturing process flow, process consistency, and standardization.
- Drive manufacturer partners to improve cycle time via the use of sustain lean production, process and tool enhancement & contribute to product inventory reduction.
- Manage bone pile metrics, review repair practices and adherence to guidelines, in collaboration with Test Engineering.
- Manage daily support of our products, systems, and tools in manufacturing.
- Support New Product Introductions and product transfers in manufacturing and provide DFx feedback.
- Manufacturing process capacity management, asset, and budget planning and management
- Site and equipment capability qualification and readiness
- Risk Assessment, planning, and development of product qualification plan
Who you are
- Typically requires a BSEE, BSME or BSIE, or equivalent experience working in the electronics manufacturing industry.
- 5+ years of Manufacturing, Process or Quality Engineering experience
- Proven strong manufacturing process knowledge – SMT, PTH, and Mechanical Assembly
- Deep Statistics, Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma tools & methodologies knowledge (theory & practice)
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design for Assembly Automation (DFAA) techniques.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office tools, with a strong focus on Excel competencies.
- Experience with CAD/CAM viewer programs (Valor, Mentor, Allegro, GC-Prevue, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and solve complex problems
- Ability to self-motivate with a strong desire to learn and ability to be flexible
- Strong organizational, analytical & communication skills written and verbal (in English)
- Proven Project Management Knowledge.
- Experience in a Cross-Cultural and global work environment.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously under pressure -> You feel comfortable working under high pressure and get results with minimal direction.
- Drive change in collaboration with a diverse cross-functional team