Manager /Technical lead , Software Engineering - L2 & L3 Forwarding
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Manager, Software Development- MIG
Who we are
Cisco’s Mass-scale Infrastructure Group (MIG) is the place where the internet of the future is getting built. With IP traffic to reach 4.8 zettabytes by 2022 we are building platforms to feed the insatiable appetite of a new breed of customers and devices to connect. These platforms (NCS-540, NCS-5500, ASR-9000 and 8000 series) are powered by Cisco’s proven IOS-XR operating system and support interfaces up to 400G speeds. These platforms are the building blocks of Access, Aggregation, Edge and Core networks of all the major wired and wireless service providers of the world. With the advent of 5G, MIG is transforming these networks from transporting radio over packetized network on the access side to enabling new services by making the network architecture flexible. MIG is enabling enterprises and users to harness the power of 5G and cloud by bringing in new services and data centers closer to the user.
Cisco MIG is looking for managers and leaders in software development to help build the future of internet. With the pandemic accelerating digital transformation across the world, the possibilities are limitless for bright leaders who are ready to innovate and make a difference.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for managing a very high performing Engineering team that is critical for the success of the MIG in the market. This team is responsible for key building blocks of Access, Aggregation, Edge and Core networks.
This includes designing, implementing key product features for routing forwarding software for Multicast and unicast technologies. The team is composed of development engineers (SDK development, protocols, IOS-XR operating system)
Whom You'll work with
Your key stakeholders will be Product Manager, Architect, QA Manager & Escalation team. You will also work and partner with several product teams that build vertical functionality/slices of the product.
Required experience in:
- Established management skills and know how to cultivate an open, transparent, inspiring culture.
- You are highly organized and are excellent at following through with commitments.
- You care deeply about product quality and customer impact.
- Validated ability to lead teams consisting of both contract and full-time employees and senior level technical individuals.
- Experience developing and leading teams using in C, Python, real time OS, Networking
- Direct experience with Agile Development and project tracking tools
- Someone who is technically strong enough to roll up his or her sleeves and contribute.
- Operational excellence
- Partner with multi-functional core partners across various product teams
Who You Are
- Has 12+ years of experience in technology industry with at least 5+ years in managing and leading team.
- Led several multi-engineer projects to successful completion.
- Very strong with Agile methodology, with a focus on consumable value delivery and quality metrics.
- Strong engineering delivery and execution track record, with experience around design concepts, development, integration, testing, etc
- Ability to deliver results in a short time and experience working in fast paced high growth tech companies
- You are a servant leader. You love to mentor and coach others and watch them thrive.
- Good communication, presentation and inter-personal skills to recruit and motivate a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Problem solver with ability to make sound complex decisions whilst understanding of trade-offs.
- Proven ability to navigate between big-picture and implementation details
- Proven ability to influence a diverse geographically dispersed group of individuals to facilitate, moderate, and influence productive design and implementation discussions driving towards results
- Ability to build significant partnership with peers and other cross-functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in working with Customer/ Advanced services team in managing customer escalations.
- Experience or familiarity with Multicast technology and protocols will be plus
We Are Cisco.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!