Manager Technical Support (Software Defined Technologies)
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. Whether it's using e-learning to educate students far from city centers or downloading the entire Library of Congress in seconds, our networking technology has not only revolutionized the way people do things, but who they are. People are more informed, more efficient, and more involved. With all forms of communications converging onto the network and software becoming at the heart of technology, Cisco is entering an exciting new era. The concept of the network as the platform for transforming life's experiences is no longer a possibility: It is quickly becoming a reality. And Cisco is leading the experience.
What You’ll Do
The ideal candidate demonstrates knowledge of Cisco processes and team dynamics across the organization, as well as the superior coaching and motivational skills required to engage, develop and retain top talent on a high-performance team. On top, having software management skills will be considered advantageous. He/ She will be responsible for:
· Building high performance teams and developing people, creating a shared vision
· Managing the activities of a team of skilled network engineers with responsibility for results in terms of customer service satisfaction
· Manage workload among team members, including implementation of innovative case management techniques.
· Participate in developing a strategic plan to support business growth, improve customer and employee satisfactions and ensure the operational excellence and talent development
· Implement, coordinate, and participate in site programs to ensure attainment of business plan for strategic goals
· Manage organization operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, budget and policies
· Ensure on-going performance improvement by designing and deploying systematic processes aligned with department objectives
· Provide customer / partner engagement for critical customer issues as required
· Collaborate with stakeholders from software development teams
· Lead the effort of software skills enablement for CX Krakow Center
Who You'll Work With
Cisco CX Centers team is a dynamic and growing organization of customer support engineers or consulting engineers who support or deliver services to Cisco customers.
Who You Are
Cisco CX seeks a talented leader for a team of skilled network engineers who respond to complex service requests and resolve customer issues. You will handle escalations and accept ownership for the end-to-end customer experience. Serving in a liaison role, the manager creates a bridge that connects the technical and business perspectives of customer engagements.
You will manage the day-to-day operation and work closely with and build strong working relationships with cross functional teams including the Business Unit, the theater field teams, Infra Operations Teams and Cisco Global TAC teams to provide support and strive to provide consistent, high quality support to ensure best customer experience.
· At least 5 years in a role with customer-facing support management responsibilities.
Demonstrated experience in leading teams of direct reports/initiatives, effective people management, leadership, and development skills
· Understanding of and experience in leading a team
· Strong written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
Experience of improving productivity and efficiency in processes. Demonstrated strategic and tactical skills in the area of operational excellence
· Excellent working relationships with other customer-facing and delivery organizations within Cisco and with appropriate business units
· Knowledge of Software development process methodologies and in particular testing and quality assurance
· Solid understanding of software development principles and processes, hands-on experience with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Rest API will be a plus.
· Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies in context of software development and/or maintenance. Experience with large-scale development projects is a plus.
· Knowledge of main Agile approaches and concepts: Scrum, Kanban, Continuous integration, Continuous Deployment, DevOps, etc.
· Understanding of E2E software product lifecycle.
· Managerial/professional experience in multi-stakeholder environment.
· Ability to clearly explain technical concepts and requirements to a wide audience.
Role model for Cisco's culture and values
· Individual should be results-oriented, show strong initiative, be customer-focused, recognize effort and contributions, create a team environment, effect change, influence within and outside the organization
· University Degree or equivalent is required
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!