Manager, Technical Marketing - Wifi/Wireless
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Networking Business (ENB) Team is looking for a Manager of Technical Marketing Engineering to lead a team of subject matter expert leaders and technical marketing engineers for our Wireless business. ENB is responsible for Routing, Switching, Wireless, Security, and Core Software at Cisco; the largest revenue contributor for the company. The main stakeholders for this role will be the Product Management team, Product Engineering, CX and Sales. You will work in collaboration with other functions such as Marketing, Sales Enablement, Finance, and other Competitive Intelligence groups.
The Manager of Technical Marketing Engineering will lead a worldwide distributed group of Senior Technical Leads and Technical Marketing Engineers that focus on our Wireless technology, solutions and portfolio. You will be a part of a larger TME team and you will be required to collaborate across the ENB TME team to drive success for our business. You will serve as the interface to a group to stakeholders and will require that you collaborate closely with Product Management, CX and Engineering teams. In this role, you will work to drive enablement of Next Generation Wireless Stack across our field and partner teams as well as drive technical strategy for Wireless technology and solutions. The role will require you to have deep technical expertise in the WiFi space and be able to handle technical discussions with our engineering teams and customers.
What You'll Do
Lead a team of Technical Marketing Engineers and drive technical strategy and enablement for our Enterprise Networks Wireless solutions.
• Enable Sales to sell the next generation Wireless Stack including WiFi6 solutions, Catalyst 9800 controllers, Catalyst 9100 Access Points
• Drive Engineering teams to innovate and build the best next generation products.
• Plan and execute Platform, Software and Services projects as well Software Releases.
• Work with other functional TME teams to drive the collaterals and the outcomes that is required for the platforms and solutions.
• Establish processes to produce, maintain, and accelerate Sales Enablement collaterals.
• Serve as escalation point for deal support situations from deals desks.
• Demonstrate and present the products and technologies to sales teams, customers and partners at internal and external events, conferences, EBCs, etc.
• Provide technical guidance and support to the Sales teams and enable them to successfully sell our products
Who You Are
• 10+ years of technical expertise in Enterprise networks (i.e. wireless products – Access Points and Wireless LAN Controllers as well as Wireless Solutions)
• Preferably some experience of leading a team and projects and working with senior technical subject matter experts
• Deep technical acumen and knowledge of Wireless and RF (Radio Frequency) technologies
• A strong communicator who has a proven track record of effective public speaking
• Track record of having written high quality technical collateral
• Strong examples of mentorship and growing technical talent
• Experience in large scale Wireless design and implementation
• Technical experience with Wireless Controllers, Access Points (802.11 abgn, ac, ax) as well as Automation and Scripting technologies
• Familiarity with latest market trends like WiFi6, CBRS, Open Roaming, 6GHz, etc. Controllers, Access Points (802.11 abgn, ac, ax) as well as Automation and Scripting technologies
• TME or Technical Systems Engineering background preferred
• Someone who can stand in for anyone in the TME team to handle technical demos/conversations
• Preferably a CCIE (or equivalent) certification in Routing and Switching
• Winning mentality
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.