Manager Software Development-SRE
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Who you will work with:
Cisco is transforming its platforms to run the next generation of cloud-native and multi-cloud services. This role offers a superb opportunity to transform how infrastructure and container platforms are developed and managed with full software automation. This team is responsible to build and manage Infrastructure and Container platforms that provides self-service provisioning and management capabilities to the application developers, and at the same time is highly available with self-healing, full lifecycle monitoring and management capabilities.
You will be part of the infrastructure & container services team leading a team of infrastructure software development engineers and site reliability engineers in evaluating and developing capabilities needed to provide a fully managed enterprise on-prem IaaS cloud and container platform. You will closely collaborate the site reliability engineering team, application teams, security team, and networking team partners in understanding their policies and requirements. You will also engage with the CI/CD, security and code quality metrics teams in keeping our code and third-party software components in compliance.
What you will do
You will manage a software engineering team that develops capabilities for the infrastructure and container platform running Cisco’s critical business applications. The software engineers, developing primarily in Python and Golang, extend several products in the area of IaaS and containers to fit into the architecture of a managed cloud platform at Cisco. These areas include IaaS orchestration with OpenStack and VMware and container orchestration with Kubernetes, authentication, networking, service mesh with Istio, monitoring, policy management, upgrades, patching, log management, alerting, dashboards, and security. You will be working on enabling these capabilities in a multi-cloud platform.
Who you are
- You are passionate about building cloud native application platforms.
- You have a track record of delivering high quality software, with predictability using software scoping and prioritization techniques.
- You Design, write, and build tools to improve the reliability, availability, and scalability of key
systems and services
- You Automate deployments, supervise, analyze and optimize products / services in different
data center and cloud environments and platforms
- You maintain engineering environment to the best support automated testing of code that is
Actively being used by customers. Principle of zero downtime is maintained
- You have hired and developed robust software engineering teams.
- You are experienced with managing team budgets, software development process, vendor engagement, and product evaluations.
- You've experience shipping features in an agile development environment using either Scrum and/or Kanban.
- You Work multi-functionally to be pro-actively aware of potential changes in specifications
and requirements that may cause an application / product to need an update
- You have good interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- You have 10+ years of prior hands on software development experience in Python, Java, C, or Golang.
- Exposure with CI/CD tools and continuous integration – Jenkins, SonarQube, Git.
- You enjoy doing code reviews and providing technical mentorship.
- You have experience with Linux, OpenStack, VMware, Containers, and Kubernetes.
- You have experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- You have 3+ years of demonstrated ability working in a technical management position.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical subject area
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's redefining our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a lively and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a phenomenal Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things taking results-oriented risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!