Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The team is playing a crucial part in leading breakthrough cloud-delivered security capabilities to the thousands of Cisco current and future customers worldwide. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our cloud delivered services cover a wide spectrum of security services spanning - Secure Internet Gateway, DNS security, CASB.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with creative ideas, world-class research and unrivalled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work.
● Manage an SRE team in Bangalore. Develop talent, set vision, and drive inclusive high performance culture.
● Collaborate closely with US-based SRE counterpart team to provide a ‘Follow the Sun’ support model for the product.
● Remediate and resolve operational incidents in the product, whilst adhering to and improving the Standard Service Objectives (SLOs)
● Conduct retrospectives for incidents, and drive implementations of their actions’.
● Be a technically proficient leader, capable of evaluating solutions suggested by the team, and driving the right course of action through in-depth understanding of the subject matter.
● Remediate security incidents and vulnerabilities in the product as required.
● Ensure that the team spends a large proportion of its activity in proactive improvement areas.
● Conduct and coordinate release activities.
● Support certification programs, such as SOC2 and ISO9001.
Required Experience and Skills
● Strong experience in operating SaaS products, ideally in AWS, optionally in Azure / Google Cloud.
● Experience in managing DevOps teams.
● Deep knowledge of escalation management processes, organizing monitoring strategy and on-call duties.
● Understanding of cost modelling, economics of SaaS products.
● Understanding of Big Data pipelines, microservices architectures and patterns in a highly scaled environment
● Capable of influencing and fostering a high-performance culture. Lean delivery philosophy, capable of driving innovation and experimentation in Engineering.
● Understanding of security threat landscape, and its modeling (e.g. OWASP)
● Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
Desired Experience and Skills
● InfoSec background, with experience in developing relevant products.
● Track record of working in globally distributed environments and executing on cross-site projects.