Manager, Senior Software Development
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You’ll Do
The speed at which the business needs IT to respond continues to accelerate each day. Here in Cisco IT, we're facing this reality head-on with a software-defined strategy based on programmable, automated services through well-defined APIs. In support of this transformation, we are looking for an experienced and talented technical development leader who will be part of our Global Infrastructure team. You will be responsible for leading a talented group of software engineers accountable for both creating and integrating infrastructure APIs in the delivery of full stack services in a multi-cloud environment. This includes accountability for both front-end and back-end development in the delivery of a single managed services platform for Cisco infrastructure clients.
- Lead and Manage a software development team through agile software development
- Architecture and implementation of back-end services and front-end experiences for Infrastructure managed services
- Contributing to the product as required by writing code directly or providing guidance in overcoming challenges, technical leader for the team
- Setting the tone for the team by instilling a culture of SDLC best practices and standards that focuses on quality
- Lead technical discussions and provide innovation to improve services
- Work with various multi-functional groups to provide solutions to solve issues or implement new technologies which brings value to the team
- Provide leadership in various scrums to ensure commitments are delivered
- Provide executive level updates
Who You’ll Work With
You will work with a talented pool of infrastructure leaders, engineers and developers all committed to transforming how infrastructure is consumed by Cisco users. The team has a single goal to be best in the industry and help Cisco be the number one IT company in the world. Challenges are opportunities and the infrastructure organization is making those opportunities a reality each and every day!
Who You Are
Innovative, creative and willing to take risks. You’re known as someone who is ambitious, sets high expectations for yourself and delivers results that matter. You enjoy life to the fullest and are passionate about making a difference in the world through your work, at the office and serving the community around you. You have experience and a passion for software design, development, architecture, testing and prototyping. You follow agile development principles and best practices and believe in the importance of code quality. Solving client problems through collaboration and continuous feedback is clearly understood. You value open and direct communications within your team and believe in a culture of diversity.
Our minimum requirements are:
- B.S plus 12+ years relevant experience with 5+ years leading software development teams
- Experience in software architecture, design, build and test
- Expertise in Python, Angular and/or Java languages
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools with experience in agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of API services and integration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
- Ability to effectively communicate information to technical and non-technical end users.
- Desire and willingness to stay on top of emerging technologies.
- Understanding of OSS and BSS architectures
- Prior experience and exposure to IT Infrastructure
- Experience with cloud provider services like AWS, Azure, Google
- Openstack experience
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco #GIS #SDx
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.