Manager Sales Business Development Web-Scale, Africa – 5G + Next Billion Users
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Manager Sales Business Development – 5G + Next Billion Users
Want to work on emerging technology solutions & business models with world’s leading brands of Public & Social cloud players (Google, Amazon, Facebook etc.) in a highly strategic & visible role, influencing not only the direction of Cisco Web team but broader Cisco?
Web-scale providers are working on 2 major initiatives in emerging markets:
• Next Billion Users initiatives from Google & Facebook etc.
• 5G market opportunity particularly via Web-scale providers
What You’ll Do
Cisco Global Web Business Development Team is building a team of Senior Sales Business Development Managers (SBDM) responsible for maximizing Cisco’s opportunity for these 2 major initiatives across Nigeria & broader African region. The role will have 3 primary functions:
• Service Co-creation: Identifying new market, technology, customer trends. Collaborating & jointly ideating new offers with Cisco Web-scale US teams & co-creating / presenting new services to Web-scale players, Cisco regional teams & end customers (consumers, enterprises, SMB).
• Win NBU + 5G related Infrastructure projects: across Nigeria & also providing support across African region, to win against Ruckus, Mojo in Wifi & Affirmed etc. for 5G.
• Joint GTM: by building partnerships across various Cisco Regional teams (SP, Enterprise, Public Sector) to bring new customer opportunities to Web-scale providers where we can deliver net new revenue for Web-scale & all Cisco teams.
• Understanding of developing large scale joint GTM partnerships
• Service creation & co-creation expertise
• Comprehensive understanding of Next Billion Users, 5G & Country transformation market & strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to “own” engagements around large complex initiatives leading cross functional teams & converting a concept to revenue within 12 months
• Good technology understanding with world class ability to convert trends into business relevance, usecases & value prop
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain extensive customer relationships with key customer product & business development teams
• Demonstrated ability to develop co-create new solutions and business models with SPs & Cloud service providers (preferred)
• Engineering, with MBA (preferred)
Who You’ll Work With.
• Your Customers/Partners: Primarily working with Product & Business development leads across Public & Social Cloud Providers i.e. Amazon, Google, Facebook etc.
• Your tag Team partner(s): Cisco BDMs & Technology architect(s) in Web US team
• Other supporting teams:
• Corporate Strategy teams
• Cisco Product Business Unit leads
• Sales Teams
• Customer Experience teams
Who you are:
• Self starter
• Persistent, strong problem-solving skills, with ability to navigate through ambiguity & cross functional engagement challenges
• Curiosity about emerging trends and what new business models it can enable
• Strong ideation to execution discipline
• Master orchestrator, with experience in collaborating with cross-functional organizations such as BU/Products/Engineering/Sales/Customer Experience etc. especially in large organizations
• Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
• Strong track record that includes demonstrable career progression and a focus on the high-tech industry
• Strong analytical and financial skills
• Ability to network within a client organization to identify all key influencers and decision makers.
• Practical, result oriented approach
• Excellent business judgment & uncompromising integrity
• Passion for transforming Cisco Cloud business
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.