Manager - Pre-Sales / System Engineering - Service Provider Acc's
Location:Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestService Provider
Systems Engineer Manager - Global Service Provider Accounts in Sub Sahara Africa. Location: Johannesburg / RSA
The Business Entity
Cisco's Service Provider vision is to be the leading enabler of integrated, innovative, scalable, high-value managed services offerings; whether this be for are a regional managed services provider or a global one, our vision is to enable their success. This also brings connectivity to the Internet of Everything.
Join the Emerging GSP Technical Sales Team to help growing talent, and to drive the technology and architectural strategy successfully with our most strategic SP customers in the Sub Sahara Africa region. We are looking for experienced and motivated professionals with strong management and leadership experience, with solid knowledge and understanding of Service Provider networks to help develop strong partnerships with the customers and to contribute to insert our solutions. Leadership, communication, commitment to customer's success, technology excellence, teamwork and collaboration, ability to execute and to manage complex projects and complex situations are among the attitudes we are looking for.
Role & Responsibilities
The Systems Engineer Manager is in charge of the following activities:
Lead a team of Pre-Sales Systems Engineer's.
* Build and maintain consultative relationships with strategic customer/partner technical leaders (Director/CxO level)
* Promote the business and technical value proposition of Cisco to customers and partners
* Qualify Opportunities: monitor and approve requests for domain-focused pre-sales resources from direct/extended team. Assist in determining expert resource needs and escalate requests for these resources
* Engage on large/strategic deals to optimize proposed solutions, leveraging one's broad expertise, best practices and external resources (tools, specialists, etc.) as needed
* Address escalations and facilitate the solving of technical problems
* Provide timely and appropriate feedback on large/strategic deals that focuses on those things that will make the biggest difference in performance; reinforce efforts and progress
* Track and report relevant metrics (e.g., SE time allocation, resource/program usage, etc.)
* Facilitate expert communications and understanding of customer/market requirements among customers, partners, corporate, and the field
* Monitor and measure progress against the account/territory Sales Strategy and recommend changes as needed
* Build relationships with internal Cisco organizations (e.g., BUs, Consulting Services, etc.) to provide support for team and/or drive the business
* Lead cross-functional projects within areas of responsibility
* Proactively seek feedback on self; recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve
* Manages key customer relationships and helps address escalated requests (e.g., Service Requests, etc.)
* Drives continual improvement in customer experience with Cisco to increase loyalty and satisfaction
* Implement mechanisms for building team capacity and improving performance
* Measures (using appropriate metrics such as Pulse, CPC, etc.), reviews and manages the performance, development and satisfaction of one's team
* Drives the Cisco technology vision in the industry (e.g., participation in industry organizations, events, etc.)
* 8 + Years experienced people-focused technical sales professional with broad knowledge of Cisco 's Service Provider solution portfolio, technologies, architectures and related programs.
* Excellence in providing technical direction and business guidance to the regional sales team.
* Track record in driving revenue through account planning and resource planning / allocation.
* Experience in proactively developing and maintaining a team of high-performing SEs and continually seeks innovative methods for improving team performance and motivation.
* Success in meeting regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and overseeing day to day account-level activities.
* Collaboration with key SP customers as a trusted advisor to generate new business, to enable sales and to drive customer satisfaction.
* Strong customer focus and customer facing attitude, communication skills and deep expertise in the area of Service Provider networks.
* Leadership and ability to manage technical sales professionals across a huge geographical area and belonging to different cultures.
* Ability to work and collaborate cross functionally across different organizations. Sales Strategy and Planning
* Collaborate with Sales partners to create the Strategic Sales Plan (including the Technical Plan) for one's account/territory
* Create a plan to allocate resources (e.g., people, programs, budget, facilities, etc.) aligned to the sales strategy for one's account/territory
* Ensure execution of technical sales strategy and leveraging of architectural selling approaches across the account/territory
* Collaborate with own and extended teams to prioritize and target opportunities; review quantitative information to identify and explain trends
* Engage on larger, more strategic/complex deals to help the team execute technical account strategies that align to customer/partner business requirements and goals
* Assist in qualified partner identification where appropriate
* Build, manage and coach a technical sales team to drive productivity and promote satisfaction , ensuring optimal resource availability/allocation and promptly resolve resource escalations
* Retain and attract talents to your direct/extended team
* Drive overall team satisfaction and motivation
* Promote collaboration within and outside of your team
* Promote knowledge, best practices, expertise, sharing across your account/territory in a structured, consistent way
* Advanced Communications skills
* Demonstrated technical knowledge, business acumen and consultative skills
* Good balance between people management and business focus
* Broad Service Provider architectures knowledge and understanding
* Knowledge of SP and IT industry and market dynamics
* Demonstrated experience matured with complex Service Provider projects and solutions
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.