Manager, Customer Success Specialist (CSS) 1322313
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
What You’ll Do
The role is a critical, strategic advisor and technical specialist that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes.
You will build close relationships with customers, CX counterparts, architects, & engineers in achieving their goals. In this role, you will:
• Lead a team of Customer Success Specialists across a subset of our specialization areas in the Networking, Security, Data Center, Collaboration, SP, IoT, and Cross-BE domains.
• Deliver accelerators and ATX (Ask-the-Expert) to diverse set of customers that qualify, tailoring deliverables and producing quantifiable business outcomes with scope and on-time engagement.
• Facilitate high impact, technology-specific workshops targeted at all levels of an organization to accelerate a business initiative, potentially in conjunction with the Customer Success Executive (CSE)
• Use domain specialization and expertise to identify and proactively run risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful delivery
• Chip in to product and offer improvement by providing lifecycle feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
• Encourage customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions and track long term business outcomes
• Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth
• Be responsible for evangelizing the end-to-end CX offer strategy and roadmap to sales specialists, delivery teams, and customers
• Drive adoption and expansion of products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, & relevant strategies to customers and the Success team
• A willingness to travel 50% or more (pending role requirements)
You are a hands-on specialist for their aligned product or architecture. You bring strategic vision and tactical expertise to ensure every customer engagement is a success while also actively participating in the global CSS Community where they collaborate with their peers to share standard methodologies and customer success stories. You are able to optimally combine technical knowledge with solid understanding of business priorities to provide consultative solutions pivotal to helping customers realize value faster. As a leader of these teams, you will be accountable for ensuring customers are successfully adopting and realizing value from Cisco’s solutions and directly delivering customer engagements as needed.
Who You’ll Work With
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best-in-class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through extraordinary financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Who You Are
• Customer Obsessed: Proactively understands customer needs and aligns architectural and vertical expertise to multi-functional teams to drive alignment on decisions that enhance customer value.
• Technical Guru: Deep technical knowledge /ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate customer value. A drive for continued learning in new technologies, functionality, and industry standard methodologies
• Cross-Team Collaborator & Influencer –work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively encourage technical implementation decisions and work towards common goal. Ability to operate and work well with customers in a remote / virtual and face-to-face environment (varies by role).
• Business Acumen- clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and daring marketplace
• Leader: Ability to form and lead teams / team-building and time management skills. Proven track record in establishing new organizations, procedures, and offerings.
• Results Oriented: Interest in and validated execution ability with relevant technologies and customer outcomes.
• First Responder: Skilled at issue management and running customer expectations.
• Effective Communicator: Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
• 18+ years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing/engagement role with good domain expertise
• Prior experience running technical teams with a track record for attracting strong talent, fostering inter-team collaboration, and encouraging continuous learning and growth
• Extensive understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges
• Track record of understanding complex technologies and conducting high risk architecture reviews to drive action plans aligned to customer business needs
• Suggested Cisco technical Certifications: CCNA / CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent
• Suggested Cisco Success Management certifications: Cisco Certified Success Specialist
• CISM / CISSP or equivalent strongly preferred.
• BS Engineering, Computer Science, Masters preferred
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the strategic direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.