Manager, Corporate Development
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You’ll Do
Cisco Investments Group is seeking a Manager, Corporate Development to help execute on Cisco's M&A Strategy. You will be responsible for leading acquisitions and investments for Cisco with a focus on Core Networking, Services and Software-enabled Services segments. Responsibilities include all aspects of corporate deal making, including but not limited to strategy development, deal sourcing and deal execution, working with internal stakeholders as well as external venture/PE, financial advisory and other partners.
Who You’ll Work With
Over the last 20 years, Cisco Investments has invested in hundreds of companies across different segments and helped them build to successful IPOs or acquisitions. We have an active portfolio in excess of $2B, and we also hold Limited Partner positions in over 35 funds globally. Having completed over 200 acquisitions to date, the team has unparalleled experience and visibility across the tech industry and Cisco’s leadership team. The role will be part of the Service Provider, Core Services and Silicon team, which is passionate about the transitions occurring in the Service Provider and Core Services market segment.
Who You Are
You have exceptional experience identifying new investment and acquisition opportunities, building the strategy and business case in close partnership with business unit leaders, leading all stages of acquisition and investment process, and negotiating deal terms.
You are able to lead discussions with executives both inside and outside the company and make decisions that have a high degree of strategic and financial impact.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the business units to develop segment and market strategies
- Develop detailed technology and market analyses of key segments
- Source, screen and propose investments, partnerships and M&A opportunities
- Lead development of detailed financial models including projections, valuation and investment return analyses
- Engage at CXO level to gain approval for investments & acquisitions
- Lead business, financial and customer due diligence
- Build highly effective relationships with the appropriate Business Units and functional teams
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role are:
- 5+ years’ experience in the networking industry and experience in consulting, investment banking, venture capital or corporate development.
- Strategy and deal experience across the Core Networking, Services or Networking Software sector, including working understanding of Consulting Services, Professional Services, Managed Services and Software-enabled Services;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Standout colleague with excellent collaboration skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Highly self-motivated, passionate and ability to thrive in fast changing environments
- Bachelors in EE or CS preferred
- MBA from a top tier program
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco