Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestSecurity
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Security, Service Provider
Cisco people aren't happy merely moving the security innovation needle a few millimeters - we want to blow it off the dial. Every day we look for new ways to merge innovative security technology with Cisco's 25+ years of networking expertise to redefine network security. We need like-minded colleagues who dream big about redefining security and networks, and who expect to reap the rewards for their high-visibility creations.
Who You'll Work With
We are a team of Certification Engineers that are authorities in government certifications, including DoD APL, FIPS 140, Common Criteria and USGv6. We collaborate with product teams throughout Cisco to ensure that they can meet these standards. We also interact directly with the third-party labs doing the testing and the government bodies that run the certifications.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities:
- Setting FIPS strategy for the organization, understand and provide leadership on the technical aspects of FIPS certifications.
- People leadership of Security Research Engineers on the team, including developing talent on the team and mentoring, hiring, and onboarding of new team members
- Leading the relationship with NIST and other government parties, participating in forums and conferences, influencing, and seeking clarifications on requirements
- Managing relationships with FedSales for FIPS project prioritization, be the focal point of escalations for all FIPS related issues
- Balance program workloads and schedules
- Collaborating with external third-party labs, globally located engineers and program managers, product teams inclusive of Dev test/QA test teams, and other parties internal and external to Cisco to surgically assess feasibility of certification assurance/completion.
- Fiscal management of the organization
- Willing to travel. Travel will vary based on program and individual's location; expectation is it could be up to 25%.
- Interfacing directly with the various business entities to drive product certification, Upward and outbound communications to keep Cisco’s leadership and external entities informed
- Work within and lead a collaborative team environment for entire lifecycle of certification process - this includes prioritization, writing/development, requirements analysis; business analysis/feasibility studies.
- Work collaboratively with other sister teams within GCT and ST&O, especially the Common Security Modules team. Collaborate closely with the Common Criteria team to drive common areas such as Entropy testing and ACVP Algorithm testing.
- Government policy and technical expertise in the following areas: 2-3 years (minimum) of FIPS 140 and / or NIAP-Common Criteria.
- Must be self-motivated, self-starter, demonstrated ability in IT Networking and Security.
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills.
- Apply security engineering knowledge and expertise to solving problems within certification projects.
- Communicate and interface globally with all levels of management including but not limited to development engineering, product management, product marketing and development test engineers; external vendors as the need arises.
- Run multiple tasks concurrently with minimal direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills. The ability to work optimally and add value as a team member is critical.
- Knowledge of Cisco technology, including IOS cryptography
- Deep technical comprehension/knowledge preferred both deploying and administering Cisco products and networks.
- Knowledge in network security/IDS/IPS, network access, routing, switching, datacenter/cloud computing, cryptography/encryption.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.