Managed Services Acceleration Business Development Manager
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a Business Development Manager to execute and accelerate the Managed Services Strategy. We deliver programs and improve processes to grow and accelerate Meraki’s managed services and XaaS business.
The IT landscape is changing with a growing number of customers shifting their operations to subscription models. This allows customers to free up their time and focus on their core business.
Managed Services the Meraki Way
Meraki is THE best platform to build managed services. Managed Services built on the Meraki Platform enable MSPs to grow their bottom line and provide value to customers to solve more business challenges and produce better outcomes for customers.
What You Will Do
This role will help to accelerate and enable MSPs to build managed services on the Meraki platform to take advantage of the many benefits that Meraki offers and enable MSPs to be more successful in the process! This position will be responsible for executing strategic projects and working with sales teams and MSPs to build mindshare, enable, and accelerate adoption of managed services built on the Meraki platform.
The BDM is responsible for defining and executing strategic projects to accelerate service creation and adoption. Work with marketing teams, sales teams, operations teams, and most importantly, MSPs. Help MSPs understand the value of the Meraki Platform by demonstrating how managed services built on Meraki can enable them to be more profitable and successful in the market. The BDM will help grow our competitive edge by recruiting new MSPs and nurturing existing MSPs to drive adoption and activation of services. Additionally, remove barriers and reduce friction for our partners and provide a best in class experience.
- Define and execute strategic projects delivering measurable results.
- Work cross-functionally to solve operational and commercial processes to remove friction for partners and Build business cases to gain investment.
- Train sales teams on how to position and sell managed services to ultimately accelerate the adoption of the Meraki Platform.
- Build relationships with MSPs and internally at Cisco Meraki
- Communicate priorities, progress, achievements, and metrics in a consistent, consumable way
- Explore opportunities to add value; innovate and improve processes, systems, and tools
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, and operations to prioritize initiatives and execute the strategy
- Build and conduct live sales events promoting and educating MSPs on Meraki products and offers
- Run programmatic seller enablement for the MSP sales community on the value proposition for their Meraki based service offerings
- Run demand generation campaigns alongside XaaS partners to help them build pipeline for their service offerings
- Support internal Cisco service creation teams as the Meraki as a Service knowledge specialists
Who You Are
Ideal candidates will have a strong business acuity, the ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external teams. Strong communication/presentation skills, the aim to work autonomously within a general set or parameters, and a passion for learning about and evangelizing cloud-driven networking technology.
Every single day will be unique and your appetite for pursuing challenges with creative solutions, passion for disruption and unparalleled desire to be part of an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to succeed within Meraki’s Ecosystem Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team passionate about driving growth and scale for Meraki!
- 2 - 5 years demonstrated ability in the technology industry
- 5+ years experience in managed services, channel sales, solution sales, direct sales roles and/or consulting
- Shown ability to quickly build new relationships, navigate complex organizations and influence multiple partners
- Passion for learning networking and cloud technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Results-oriented, "can do" attitude, ability and willingness to make an impact
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.